Major themes to watch for:
* A major transitional phase that could be related to differing beliefs or opinions, rivalries or ideologies within romantic relationships, friendships, or larger cultural/group allegiances
* A major transitional phase or challenging period that could have something to do with physical health or lifestyle habits, sex life, values or money, image or appearance
* A major transitional phase that may have something to do with a new clarity of focus or commitment..."This is what I'm want to do and now I'm going to really focus on it."
* A major transitional phase related to generational turnover in families, groups, marriages, friendships, or communities in general
* A major transitional phase that involves patrimony, fathers, or changes in hierarchies of leadership and authority
* A major transitional phase involving the relinquishing of certain positions of authority or responsibility, or the taking on of new responsibilities or positions of authority
* A major transitional phase that involves waking up to the true nature of something...perhaps after a period of being in the dark or being asleep about what was/is really going on
Notice how each point starts with "a major transitional phase?" We have the mutable grand cross to thank for this! The mutable signs were said by traditional astrologers to combine the qualities of fixity with the qualities of cardinality within the sign. While fixity tends toward ongoing or perpetual results over time, cardinality tends toward marked or pivotal events that are somehow defining or cathartic. Mutability therefore involves a kind of hand over between time periods or eras in our lives. Those things that have been ongoing or lasting for some time begin to release or fade, but this fading or relinquishing is marked by sharp, pivotal events that in some ways both define the previous era while also ending and initiating a new era. The key thing to remember is that this pattern lasts for quite some time (and has been around already for quite some time) because this mutable grand cross is truly active for a number of months. It's strongest when its degree based intensity is the strongest, you might say (right about now), but its symbolism has been around since Saturn and Jupiter both entered mutable signs at the end of last summer/beginning of the autumn.
Prayer: Help us to see this transitional phase as the evidence of our souls turning in their deepest places.