Here's how I typically approach such a lineup. I'll take you through my note-making process for fun today!:
* Whenever I see so many aspects happening in such a short period of time from the Moon, I always start by looking at the sign of the Moon and its planetary host.
* The Moon is in the sign of the Virgin, or the Harvest Maiden, which is the home temple of Mercury and the exaltation of Mercury. It is a "cold/dry/yin" earth sign.
* Then, I look at the Moon's host, Mercury, and get a feel for what Mercury is up to.
* Mercury is currently in his exile, gradually making an application to Mars in Pisces.
* This tells me that behind every single aspect the Moon is making in the next day it is likely that challenging or creatively stimulating Mercury/Mars themes will be an underlying theme.
* Next, I often check and see what the top 2 or 3 headlines are in the national or world news and see what fits, just as an exercise.
* For example, today, a few top world headlines include Putin's announcement about an invulnerable nuclear missile and the story of a Tunisia journalist who set himself on fire due to "harsh social circumstances and a lack of hope." Meanwhile, the headlines here in the US feature the continued shutdown of the government and the ongoing political battle about a border wall and an environment of great fluctuation and anxiety surrounding the stock market.
* There are always a host of planetary factors to consider, but the Mercury/Mars dynamic is obvious. There is a mood of changeability, mental and analytical volatility, worry, and possibly overreaction (remember, both Mercury and Mars are in Jupiter's signs!), accompanied by a water/fire dynamic that feels somewhat manic or unstable (think of boiling water).
* Mercury and Mars are in a square and squares are of the nature of Mars. Mars is also moving toward the last malefic/anaretic degrees of Pisces, which means that we are heading toward a kind of Mercury/Mars crescendo.
* The Moon in Virgo is also making a square to Mercury in the next day and also an opposition to Mars.
* Considering all of the above, I start to discern a warning from the oracle. Be careful of mental and verbal intemperance, reactivity, high-horsemanship, rigid thinking, etc.
* From here, I start to read the other dynamics in terms of the major themes.
* For example, the Moon's opposition to Neptune could easily relate to mental or emotional overwhelm, disorientation, and suggestibility. Things may not be exactly as they seem and hard or rigid postures may deliver instant karmic reactions.
* On the other hand, remaining open-minded and curious right now, avoiding rigid or puritanical thought processes, we may stand to gain a much clearer or broader understanding.
* The Moon's engagement with the Venus/Pluto sextile (Venus is currently moving into a sextile with Pluto) also brings to mind yesterday's I Ching reading, regarding innocence and the power of having simple/clear and unselfish motives right now.
* While the Venus/Pluto sextile brings the possibility of depth and transformation in relationships, it may also involve hidden or selfish motivations, power-plays, betrayal and manipulation, and other covert operations into play, all under the banner of "Simplicity and innocence or progress and practicality." We should, therefore, be careful of the attempt to use "the right thing" to get "the secret thing I am really obsessing over."
* Again, hence the power of real innocence and simplicity, which has the power to see through or disarm any potential manipulation.
* We often try to tell ourselves nice stories about what's happening in order to avoid the very simple and very obvious truth sitting right in front of us. Accepting the simple truth of the matter is no easy task because it requires that we stop and try to understand our own motivations and often enough let go of them. It's very hard to see the truth and to understand the guidance being offered to us in each moment when we stay attached to our own desires and refuse to be honest about our true motivations.
* Perhaps the Moon in the sign of the Virgin's greatest gift to us right now is the gift of independence. The Virgin belongs to no man. The Virgin has the clarity of immortal youth and the purity of wide-open horizons. She can see things clearly, and practically, by simply letting go of desires and finding self-assuredness.
* The Virgin's future is bright because she wants and lacks for nothing. What could come that wouldn't be added unto her?
* Real transformation, real cleansing, and real healing come when we recall this simple lesson: since the day I was born, I am loved for who I am, just as I am. I am enough. This is my true nature.
* When we say yes to our true nature, then we can start to serve a higher purpose.
Prayer: Make us aware of our motivations so that we might be saved from the snares of our own making. Remind us of the spotless self, living within and extended everywhere, so that we might serve you and be with you in all ways.