What to watch for:
* A confrontation with someone or something from the past
* Aggressive, edgy, impulsive
* Victims and savior
* Miscommunication, oversharing, or hiding our feelings
* Feeling sorry for ourselves
* Convicted, fierce, and fast
* Starting something new, something that's been on the "list" for a long time
* Rapid transformation, enlightenment, vision, and understanding
* A phase of building something suddenly accelerated
* Longing for sunshine and open skies
* Natural disasters/environmental crises
* The archetypes of the athlete, warrior, or hero on display
* Bottling up our feelings out of a misplaced sense of ethics
* Not appropriately containing our emotions out of a misplaced sense of ethics
* The fear of the unknown or of something brand new
* The fear of impotency, men and the fear of a lack of masculinity
* Pioneering, breaking new ground
* Coming full circle with something, an era that began 10 years ago
* People dumping or venting inappropriately
* Spending money to solve our problems
* Building something
* Concern or focus on the immune system, the feet, or psychosomatic tendencies
* Hypochondria or people who are always complaining of something
* Feeling like you're losing yourself..unable to find solid ground in your head or your emotional body
What we are describing is essentially the combination of many gestational, Piscean energies combined with some very fierce and "past oriented" Arian qualities that are also marking a birth or new beginning. Watch as these things play out over the next few weeks, heading toward our full moon lunar eclipse, but also as the solar light builds toward the solar year's climax at Summer Solstice in June!
A few things to remember about the Arian season (and check out my video blog from last night about the sign of Aries--it's on my page prior to this post):
* The Arian god is asking for sacrifice right now. This generally means that courage, fear, risk, lack of control, competition, hostility, challenge, aggression, willfulness, and newness are required of us. These qualities so often get marginalized when we stay focused on "love, light, happiness, peace," etc. But part of life is contentious and difficult. Love loves strife. So like it or not, if we want to embody what we're being called to in life, it will usually take a certain degree of perilous conquest, risk taking, assertiveness, and difficulty. Can we learn to love it?
* In return, Mars gives us a simpler and more primal level of trust. Trust that we are strong enough to die...that the soul is eternal and cannot be destroyed. That nothing we can do either makes the soul "better" or "worse," but only deeper, more complex, fuller, richer, and more diverse. Mars gives us the gift of understanding the radical freedom of the soul, even when we are bound to the wheel of time and the difficulties of incarnation. These roaring persecutions are also liberations. Each death is part of the deepening of the soul, and Mars helps us learn to trust this.
Prayer: God of War, God of the Ram, we offer you our most passionate intensity...please bless us with the blood simple trust of life and death.