Happy Full Moon Friday everyone! The Moon is just past full in Aquarius, and now applying to an opposition of Mercury. Both Mercury and Mars are now emerging from the Sun's rays, Venus is about to leave the sign of her fall and re-enter Leo, and Saturn will soon be stationing to turn direct.
A few simple headlines given these turns:
* The truth comes out at last
* A blockage is about to crumble
* A stubborn resistance is coming undone
* A challenging victory is on its way
* A turn of momentum happening now
* A victory that requires some kind of mourning or initial quiet, sadness, or acknowledgement of death and loss...the kind of gratitude and joy that has perhaps been subdued by unfortunate or somber surrounding circumstances...a lesson about humble success
The good news right now is that there is a real uplifting change of pace and direction coming through as our Moon cycle now wanes and the gifts of this cycle begin to integrate and disseminate the seeds of the next lunar month.
Prayer: May our victories be surrounded by the humble quiet, so that an abiding faith is restored, so that we don't just "take ours" and run..so that the truth showing itself is more than just empty words.
The Moon is in Sagittarius today, applying to Uranus in Aries.
Let's look at the transition that's about to take place for the remainder of our current moon cycle.
Within the next few weeks, Jupiter and Venus will both square Saturn from late Leo, while Mars simultaneously trines Saturn from Cancer. While Saturn is currently governed by Mars in Cancer, Jupiter and Venus will be governed by the Sun in Leo. Leo is the sign of Saturn's detriment, and so is Cancer. Meanwhile the Sun is in his rulership, hosting Jupiter and Venus. Saturn will also be turning direct just after the full Moon. So what does all of this signify?
A few possibilities to watch for:
* Something old, resistant, dying, stubborn, dark, or heavy finally having to yield
* The tide finally turning
* The hero is victorious over a creature from the underworld
* A last resistance is thrown up, a last block, a last stubborn or willful defiance, in a long series...but it's momentum is not enough, not for long, withers quickly, doesn't have a leg to stand on, etc
* Interference, contests of pride or battles of ego, leading to a change of heart or mind
* Temperamental or moody attitudes or standoffs
* Generational debates, dramas, contests, or exchanges
* The pageantry of the old, outworn, or dead
* The honoring of what's in the past, or what's come before us..
* Expiration dates, powers of attorney, wills, legacies, inheritance
* The obsession with self versus the obsession with time and tradition
* Insult added to injury
* Hidden intentions revealed, plots unraveled, intrigues and mysteries played up
* Someone who won't leave, hunkering down, hoarding or hiding or refusing to give in
With Saturn and Mars both in challenging spots right now, and moving into a tighter trine as the full moon approaches, we're likely going to be dealing with some difficult themes around the full moon. However, Saturn's turn direct is rapidly approaching, and Jupiter and Venus will also be getting into the mix. Since the Sun is in his rulership right now it looks as though whatever difficulty may arise through the next week or two, the darkness will be overcome in a very classic "light overcomes darkness" kind of situation. Blocks or restrictions are about to be lifted, but it will likely occur as the Moon starts waning and we head toward the new moon again.
In the meantime, we should all be feeling the confidence of the Sun in Leo right now, and hopefully starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. This has been a challenging summer, and though we still have a bit to go before smoother waters emerge again planet wise, there is a lot to feel confident about and we can bring this courage with us through the upcoming full moon period.
Prayer: The next heaven, waiting just outside the door, but here now I see the gathering of so many faces in the clouds. Some I've known, and some who've grown old, and still others to me are new. Please give us the lanterns of guidance and truth.
The Moon is in late Libra this morning, moving toward a sextile with Jupiter in Leo before going void of course and then making our first quarter Moon by this evening. Meanwhile Venus is stationing and will turn retrograde by Saturday, and both the Sun and Mercury have entered Leo. Mercury will be cazimi with Leo shortly.
This is some good news. The sun is now in his rulership, and Mercury is at the heart of the Sun. Also, even though Venus is stationing in her fall in Virgo, she is situated on the fixed star Regulus, the heart of the lion. Jupiter is approaching and soon they will be together again as they were several weeks ago. Though we still have a ways to go before we're out of the woods with some of the summer's most difficult transits, this is good news. Here's a few reasons we have to be excited:
* The Sun moving into Leo provides tremendous strength to all growth oriented endeavors. It helps us integrate and find sanity in the mix of everything else around us that might be proving more difficult or chaotic. The Sun is at the center, just like the heart is at the center, just like in stillness truth finds us in the center. The sun can do what it needs to do with much more swiftness when situated in its home sign.
All matters of confidence, authority, courage, decision, and belief come from the strong heart. Right now a strength of our own may be enhanced by the strength of a heart much bigger. Where there is a will there is a way, especially when it's the will of heaven (as the I Ching says).
* Mercury at the heart of the Sun augurs supreme confidence on part of both the authority and his/her diplomat, messenger, words, or decrees. The heart of the Sun is the golden seal on an envelope we might find in our inbox, mailbox, or through an unexpected development of some kind. Sometimes the power of the truth is so amazing that even if the truth isn't the one we wanted to hear, or even if its something we dread, it can immediately set us free, or fill us with something good.
* Venus on the heart of the lion, though in her fall, is also a story about things working out exactly because of the dignity of our heart, rather than the weakness of our position or the stuckness of our problems. Again, confidence and self belief can overcome doubts and fears, or setbacks and nagging flaws.
Confidence will be restored as Venus eventually goes backward toward Jupiter again, and both culminate near the heart of the lion.
Both will be square to Saturn. Death. Betrayal. Shadow material. Setbacks. Stubbornness. But then Saturn is turning direct too...the lesson learned. The heart receives the vision. Gains the confidence to make the changes needed. The torch is passed from one generation to the next. A rite of passage accomplished. A new stage of development achieved.
These things are coming our way right now, even though we still have a ways to go.
The first quarter tonight will emphasize the Leo/Scorpio dilemma. Mars and the Sun. Challenge and belief. Darkness and faith. But also depth, death, and the ego's need for transformation. The same themes present in our Jupiter/Saturn square. The same themes that are demanding a change of heart before anything is accomplished.
Prayer: Help me find the faith that I am, the courage that I know, and the strength of a heart bigger than mine alone.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.