The Sun has just entered Taurus and is now applying to a long trine with Saturn. Meanwhile, Mars is engaged with Pluto and will conjoin Pluto on April 26th, just after Mercury has finished its square with Saturn.
What to watch for:
* The Sun/Saturn trine over the next ten days or so is an incredibly productive transit, but given that it is taking place amidst a number of more dynamic/challenging transits, we have to be careful about bulldozing or steamrolling our way through things where more tact or TLC is necessary.
* The Sun and Saturn coming together in the spirit of Jupiter (trines are of the nature of Jupiter) and speaking to each other through the element of earth, matches together the practical and the beautiful, necessity and diplomacy, productivity and joy, economy or simplicity and cleanliness, wisdom and clarity with realism and work.
* As this transit builds, Mars is also gradually approaching a conjunction with Pluto. The last time Mars applied to a conjunction with Pluto it was October of 2016. The Access Hollywood Trump tapes were released, Obama detailed the plans for a manned trip to Mars, Samsung phones were blowing up, and Comey announced the FBI would be reopening its investigation into Clinton's emails. There were, of course, many other things happening all around the world, but that is a good sampling of the mood during the last Mars/Pluto conjunction.
* Mars/Pluto, in general, indicates power and the abuse of power, corruption, and scandal, intrigue and gossip, spectacles and interference, coercion and bullying, violence and subterfuge, the criminal underworld, muscle, guns and weapons, black markets, surgeries or the elimination of something toxic, blowups or blowouts, eruption, hostility and confrontation paired with depth, darkness, and eroticism.
* Mars/Pluto is also the courage necessary to face or confront an obstacle or challenge. Mars/Pluto is "forced entry," or the shadows of our past appearing with unexpected vindictiveness, revenge, or resentment.
* Mars/Pluto is also about the drive, passion, and power necessary to make a total or complete transformation. It is about the need or desire to completely pierce or penetrate to the heart of the matter and to work through fears or difficult truths along the way.
* As all of the above is happening, Mercury is also moving back through its square to Saturn (perfecting on April 25th). This square places an emphasis on communication, speech, thoughts, the mind, skill development or acquisition, mental or verbal control, pressure, or containment, as well as issues surrounding anger, stubbornness, or control in how we talk to or relate with one another. Mercury/Saturn is also about the termination of deals or agreements, or long-term commitments or the maturation of communication or mental/verbal dynamics in general.
* Given all of these planetary transits taking place over the next week, it's a very good time to grow or mature in a variety of ways, as we confront things that need to be confronted, move through obstacles, and enjoy an aura of general productivity and hard work. The major warning of this transit involves, again, steamrolling or bulldozing, demonstrating intolerance or impatience, demanding that we get our own way, being mentally or emotionally rigid, irritable and prone to conflict or a kind of Machiavellian aggression.
Prayer: Be our breakthrough. Be our maturity. Be present in our words, thoughts, and actions. Be our passion. Be alive in our hearts.
First quarter Moon in Leo today. A crisis of action, as old man Rudhyar used to say.
What to watch for:
* Money and pride (Taurus/Leo Sun/Moon)
* Simplicity and power (Taurus/Leo)
* A nice environment ruined by selfish attention seeker (Taurus/Leo)
* Bling and the subject of living within our means (Taurus/Leo)
* Generosity versus selfishness (Taurus/Leo)
* Expressiveness versus conservation of energy (Taurus/Leo)
* Indulgence and luxury (Taurus/Leo)
* Loyalty and inflexibility (Taurus/Leo)
How do we use our energy and resources? Our time and money? There is a willfulness in the air today for our first quarter moon. It's about priorities and personalities. Staking claims and establishing our needs and desires. Sticking with something and seeing it through, even to the bitter end. Using our charisma, charm, and passion, and giving generously, in order to get through something, even when we may feel like conserving our energy or consolidating our resources...even when we might feel like something SHOULD be happening differently.
Gratitude is also a big theme today, though it might run more in the way of feeling like we're owed it rather than actually feeling it. Loyalty is also a big theme, as is entitlement and ownership.
Image: after the cowardly lion found his heart he was approached by several companies seeking investment help
Image: after the cowardly lion found his heart he patented a chocolate candy out of it and started selling it for major profits around the world
Image: after the cowardly lion found his heart he put it on ebay
Image: after the cowardly lion found his heart he carefully organized his finances and considered his options...he was patient and not too impulsive
What do we do with the tasty treat of our hearts and souls? How do we use it? What does holy selfishness mean? Questions like these and more as plans are being made and courses of action being charted for the future.
Prayer: Help us to have the nerve, and help us to be resourceful, patient, and easy with ourselves
The Moon is in Cancer today, applying to sextile Mercury before turning void of course. A brief discussion about Taurus...
You hear a lot of things about Taurus related to simplicity, earthiness, beauty, and peace. Sometimes maybe a few things about greed or lust or stubbornness or possessiveness. But it's rare that we visit the dreamer in Taurus.
Imagine for a minute the most peaceful and relaxing day you've had recently, or maybe a day from an earlier point in your life. If you can't think of one then imagine the perfect day. These days usually feel edenic. Like we've entered the perfect Japanese flower and rock garden, or we've wandered our way back into some golden age. And yet, we all know that these perfect slices of heaven are temporary. We blink our eyes and they are gone. Taurus' polar opposite sign of Scorpio reminds us that everything is impermanent and that beneath every paradise rock there lies the dark secret of death, pain, suffering, chaos, and change. But while we're in that paradise garden...while we're there..it's essential that we feel as though we've been there forever and will stay there forever. This permanent paradise imagination is the mythic offering of Taurus, and it isn't just a naive or simple/animal love of beauty. Let's be real..the animal body or the animal/instinctual body as it exists out in nature is often highly alert, hunting, protective, territorial and fierce. It's not just "at ease" or "natural," in some simple/idealistic way. But herein lies the secret of the Bull. We describe Taurus in these highly simplistic/natural ways because it's part of the Bull's heavy footed insistence on the paradise dream. It's part of the Bull's guardianship of paradise that makes its own descriptions of itself as simple and permanently pleasant as possible.
Here are some descriptions of the Bull that are secretly the Bull's tenacious defense of the paradise dream:
* Taurus is about the natural/peaceful/animal body
* Taurus is about abundance and health
* Taurus is about sturdy, earthy, beauty
In each of these is also an omnipotent sky god whose face is a bull. If we want to dig deeper into the archetypal soil of Taurus, then the more we can step away from these "natural" sounding apple pie images, the better. Because paradise isn't really "natural," it's imaginative. Or at least it's not anymore natural than anything else. So what creates within us this Taurean perma-grin feeling that life is so simple and sweet? Let's consider that it's the sky bull, whose weighty control and omnipotence fantasies lull us to milky bare footed sleep in the middle of spring time. The bull is drunk on the dream of its own sweet and simple power trip. The dreamer of mid-spring is love sick with the illusion of forever at peaceness.
Why shouldn't she be? Every sign of the zodiac intoxicates us with its own mythos. So why not the dream of natural, simple, sweet, and forever abundance?
The reason it's important to "see through" the simplest of Taurean descriptions is because we miss that the simplicity of Taurus is also the result of a fiercely controlling, bull-headed, stubborn, muscle flexing, sky god in the shape of an earthly bull. If we don't do recall the omnipotent god complex within the bull's psychic landscape, then we forget that people like Hitler were born under the sign of the bull as well people like the plump and smiling Buddha.
Within every antique shop there is fascism
Within every yoga studio control freaks
Within every meditation cushion all powerful denial
Within every ounce of positivity a crusher
Within the mid-spring dream a muscular bull whose long and powerful penis we can't take our eyes off..whispering words like joy, happiness, apple pie, and forever, forever, forever....
This isn't about dismissing any of the joys of antique shops, yoga studios, meditation pads, positivity clinics, or mid spring happiness...it's just a simple reminder that the "simplicity" of the bull can also be so much muscle pumping "bull shit," as James Hillman liked to say. A sorority or fraternity house filled with the illusion that all this wealth and class has always and will always be...."natural."
A good list of activities for Taurus season:
* Gratitude... for this paradise too shall pass
* Taking inventory in order to live more within our means
* Thanking and seeing the all powerful bull within these blissful days...recognizing his fierceness as well as his beauty, and staying on guard against his sharper than they appear horns
Prayer: all powerful sky bull...thank you for the bull of your sweaty sweetness...may we enjoy the muscular and fragrant imagination of paradise.
The Moon is in Cancer today, applying to trine Neptune as it squares the nodal axis later this afternoon. Then it will move into the Pluto/Uranus square by opposing Pluto and squaring Uranus. A busy day of aspects.
What to watch for:
* Contentious discussions about values, plans, resources, goals, finances, and the future (Mars/Mercury conj in Taurus)
* Inflamed or aggressive communication dynamics (Mars/Mercury conj in Taurus)
* Financial hardship (Mars in Taurus)
* Hard work pays off (Mars in Taurus)
* Slow/dense pace makes ambitions feel frustrated (Mars/Mercury in Taurus)
* Flirtacious communication (Venus in Gemini)
* Teasing, options, vacillating, two options or choices, information as sexual stimulation (Venus in Gemini)
* The attraction to talking, chatting, visiting, researching, reading, and writing (Venus in Gemini)
* The gift of words (Venus in Gemini)
* Youthful, sensual, flighty, hard to pin down (Venus in Gemini)
* Lush, sensual, slow, secure, relaxed, trusting (Sun in Taurus)
* Springtime desires, fertility, and abudnance (Sun in Taurus)
* Controlling, hoarding, greedy, lustful, selfish (Sun in Taurus)
* Living beyond our means, or comfortably within? (Sun in Taurus)
* Revisiting, revising, or reflecting upon our beliefs, philosophical assumptions, or the meaning of our lives and our purpose (Saturn retrograde in Sagittarius)
* Returning confidence, faith, optimism, excitement, pride, dignity, and loyalty (Jupiter finally picking up speed in Leo, direct)
* Forging ahead in new directions, dynamic new intentions and creative plans, but also plans that require major growth, maturity, and structural transformation (Uranus in Aries square to Pluto in Capricorn)
* Looking at home, family, what nourishes us, and choices related to the establishment of these values in more regular/everyday ways (Moon in Cancer today, square the nodes of the Moon)
* Compassion, empathy, sweetness, imagination, daydreams, and emotional neediness (Moon in Cancer trine Neptune in Pisces today)
* Facing something from the past, growing up, family/home/domestic/inner/private/ancestral karma, eruptions from the unconscious, and dynamic moments of change and transformation related to all of the above, especially through relationships (Moon opposite Pluto and square to Uranus)
Over the next few days not only will the Uranus/Pluto square and the eclipse points from last month all be triggered, but then we'll be moving into our first quarter square of the moon cycle. Simply put: whatever came up last month, whatever the "big stuff" is for you right now, an important "next step" or next crisis of action and response is going to come through over the weekend. Things should be clarifying themselves, but the big work is still structural overhauls and the long/slow transformation from one era to another. It's challenging because the transformation or the future toward which we are moving is more or less clear, and yet the pace of Taurus season demands that we relax and ease through each and every step. This moon cycle is offering us rest and stabilization...a bit like the first hour of the morning..when the animal inside of us is stretching, waking, and loosening up into the new day. But even beyond this phase of recovery, we're also gathering resources and stabilizing ourselves for a concerted effort that will take place over the summer months. This strange push and pull can make critical moments like the ones we're looking at over the next 3 days feel anticlimactic. As the IChing says "Little things: good fortune."
Prayer: Help us to take stock, gather, and focus on the small things we can do to aid in the larger changes that are as of yet still beyond our control.
image courtesy of creative commons:
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.