Today and tomorrow the Sun in Leo is moving into a square with Uranus in Taurus. Don't miss Kelly Surtees kicking off my Summer Speaker series tonight at 7 pm eastern (login info is on the Upcoming Events page). Given today's astrology, and given Kelly's natural awesomeness, it should be amazing!!
Meanwhile, here's what to watch for with the Sun/Uranus square:
* Flashes of brilliance
* An "aha" moment
* The desire to be free, single, or independent
* The urge to individuate
* Challenges to authority, convention, or the status-quo
* Defiance, rebellion, and innovation
* The need to assert oneself, to follow one's unique call or pattern
* A sudden or unexpected event, perhaps coupled with a rush of excitement, enthusiasm, or illumination
* The egotistical Avante Garde
* The urge to assert one's uniqueness in the face of limitations, authority, rules, or structure
* The call to create
* Capturing or channeling lightning
* Heart attacks/heart awakenings/surges of electrical impulses
* The sudden breakup of structures or traditions
* The impulse to change, transform or rapidly mutate
Given that Mars retrograde is also closely involved by t-square, the amount of "yang" energy symbolized in the sky right now is pretty intense. As a culture that is often obsessed with the notion of progress, even spiritually, it may be tempting to fall into the trap of thinking that willfulness and aggression are justified right now in order to advance our sense of righteousness. On the other hand, how many times have we regularly cowered in fear and allowed for our own ignorance or personal shortcomings or limitations to dictate the course of our lives? Is today the day for a personal and spiritual breakthrough?
Prayer: Awaken us. Illuminate the path before us. Help us to see the truth and to remove, with great joy and great kindness, all that stands before us and pure devotion to you.
Today Mars continues applying closer to its square with Uranus while the Sun draws closer to Mars. Meanwhile, Venus is moving into a square with Neptune and a trine with Jupiter.
Today an I Ching Meditation on the planetary transits:
* The 8th hexagram is called "Bonding," or "Holding Together," and it depicts the organization and/or administration of the military or a group of people into a cohesive and functional whole, usually with a particular goal or ambition in mind.
* The 8th hexagram sometimes encourages us to cast the I Ching again and to inquire as to whether or not we possess the strength of character to deal with, lead, or assemble this effort.
* The reason the I Ching suggests casting again is to simply emphasize how no larger, coordinated effort is possible without a virtuous person and a virtuous goal or ambition.
* No virtuous effort is performed without virtuous organization, administration, and execution. Virtuous goals require virtuous people and virtuous actions. The ends do not justify unvirtuous means. Hexagram 8 is clear about this.
* We can see this right now as we notice the Sun and Mars coming together in a square with Uranus, indicating an effort to overthrow, revolutionize, or significantly alter something. This revolutionary, innovative impulse is taking place in the midst of a Venus/Neptune square and a Venus/Jupiter trine, reminding us that we will need others, and we will need love to accomplish anything worth accomplishing right now.
* When the 4th line of Hexagram 8 changes, we get a specific message: "Hold to him outwardly also. Perseverance brings good fortune."
* In this line we see an instruction to seek help outside of ourselves or from someone we might not normally consider to be an ally or form of support.
* The 4th line suggests that we also outwardly display our affection, love, ideals, or virtues, in order to rally the sympathy and support of allies and possibly new people.
* The 4th line also speaks to the importance of practicing what we preach, of walking our talk, and of being an example of whatever effort, cause, or change we are hoping to create. To some of us this might be obvious, but let's not forget how easy it is to take up a cause or to make a demand for change in others or in the world, infused with great moral righteousness, without simultaneously examining ourselves with the same vigor.
* When hexagram 8 changes via line four it becomes hexagram 45: gathering together.
* Here we have the picture of a group of diverse people gathering together for the sake of a common, moral goal. And yet the hexagram discusses preparing for possible chaos, factions, and infighting.
* Hexagram 45 is a picture of setting aside differences for the sake of a larger, moral goal, one that at least for the moment may unite people. However, careful and upright leadership is required in order to orchestrate the group together rather than seeing it devolve into chaos.
With Venus and Neptune coming into a square while Venus trines Jupiter, the need for diplomatic relationships and an ideal sense of what is possible between ourselves and others, is necessary. We may have to set aside our normal sense of who we will and will not relate with, who we are and are not above or below, in order to come together in the name of something higher. This need to come together for a cause is indicated by these Venus trines taking place at the exact same time that Mars is falling into the furnace of the Sun (something failing or ending), just as Mars and the Sun are squaring Uranus (the desire or call for immediate, rapid, transformation and revolution).
Are we living examples of the changes we wish for right now? Are we willing to compromise and work with people we wouldn't normally agree with? Do we examine ourselves with the same fierceness we examine others, the same fierceness we demand change from or diagnose the problems of the world?
Prayer: Teach us to be love's revolutionaries and not demanding purists with empty or angry hearts. Teach us to love you first, and may our most passionate work in the world reflect the spirit of your eternal peace.
The Sun is just past its opposition to Pluto and now beginning its square to Uranus, along with Mars. Meanwhile, Venus is applying to a trine with Jupiter in Libra and Mercury will eventually trine Saturn.
* In the next week we have an interesting combination of planetary dynamics perfecting simultaneously.
* First, Mars will square Uranus.
* Then, Venus will trine Jupiter.
* Then the Sun will square Uranus just as Mercury makes a trine to Saturn.
* The Mars/Uranus and Sun/Uranus dynamic points toward the fierce desire to individuate at all costs.
* Mars/Uranus is often about the fight or the stand we must take in order to be free of something oppressing us. However, sometimes it has to do with willful and egotistical defiance, or sometimes it's simply the picture of a self-destructive rebel without a real cause.
* The Sun/Uranus combination is about heroism, knowledge, wisdom, authority, and innovation, breakthroughs in understanding or sudden illumination, especially against or through different forms of oppositional tension, or again in defiance of tradition or authority.
* Both transits can point toward us suffering from the delusion of perceiving oppositions and enemies where there are none. Both transits can point us toward the tendency toward grandiosity, ego-mania, aggression, and arrogance....even when our actions or events are rooted in some sense of progressive and positive change.
* Because Mars is being reborn through its combustion with the Sun during this time, there is also a powerful message about the failure of the will, the end of a particular way of trying to muscle our way through life, and perhaps the discovery of a more energetically sane approach, which could come to us suddenly and be incredibly liberating.
* In mundane/collective news we shouldn't be surprised to see more issues related to violence, rebellion, technology, saber rattling, leaders, rebels, and the manipulation or failure of executive forms of power...these transits will likely catalyze a further intensification and series of revelations and developments within the US political turmoil as well...but this is only really a prelude for August's astrology, which is arguably the most potent astrological month of the year for mundane transits. More on all of this later.
* What's interesting is that in sequence with these transits is the Venus/Jupiter trine and also a Mercury/Saturn trine.
* The Venus/Jupiter trine points toward a time of exciting and expansive new relationships, business partnerships, or networking opportunities, as well as the potential for the various conflicts or tensions listed above to be punctuated by opportunities for creative collaboration or compromise.
* The Venus/Jupiter trine also points toward a moment where what at first seems like adversity could quickly lead to a unique and surprising opportunity for advancement or agreement.
* The Mercury/Saturn trine points to a solidification of knowledge, a crystallization of something we are studying or learning, the implementation of a new technical or organizational standard, deepening bonds or commitments, or the potential for a healthy retraction or the agreement to remove or eliminate something that is no longer serving us.
The next ten days or so are going to be quite interesting, so we'll keep turning the heavenly jewels each day!
Prayer: Teach us to wait and watch for the real opportunities within those opportunities that we tend to jump out of our seats for.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.