Venus is in Cancer...so you should...
* Cuddle with your kids
* Get near the water
* Celebrate women and mothers
* Keep a secret
* Get over the top nostalgic about whatever you want, and don't apologize
* Dream of life closer to the land
* Take a daydreamcation
* Imagine something better than what you're doing while you're doing something you love to be doing
* Imagine the whole world is a set of very comforting breasts
* Study something hidden, deep, ancestral, buried
* Get lost in a library with a cup of coffee
* Take in the smells of a used book store
* Celebrate the moon
* Did we say get near the water yet?
* Feel more, emote more, and create atmospheres more deliberately
* Get pregnant if you feel up to it??
* Be nice to your own body
* Wash fruit and vegetables in a sink just because
* Play with a hose out in the sunshine
* Drink water and tell stories
Prayer: May the goddess of Summer smooch us on the cheek today!
The Moon is in Libra, traveling through the via combusta, and about to square Venus in Cancer (creating a mutual reception) before going void of course later this afternoon.
What to watch for:
* An unexpectedly smooth or easy exchange of information, dialogue, or ideas leads someone to change their mind or position around something
* A reversal of values or change of position theoretically or intellectually
* A conflict redirects and becomes a strategic alliance instead
* A wound is healed, a broken fence mended, a bridge constructed
* A charge, penalty, or fee is reduced, justice still served
* An unseen factor suddenly plays a role, makes the outcome more favorable
* An influence or third party mediates to make something possible
* A revolutionary and edgy idea becomes tactful, diplomatic, and easier for others to receive
* An uncomfortable road ahead is made somewhat easier by a mitigating factor or influence
* Empathy creates a transaction...a peace treaty, an offering
Meanwhile, Mercury/Sun/Mars in square to Neptune...
* The impatient writer, communicator, thinker, speaker...being pulled back into something when he/she wants to move forward
* The restless mind
* The sleepless night
* The agitated nervous system
* The psychosomatic symptom
* The dream message
* The compassionate/mindful intellect
* Taking your time/slowing down/pausing to reflect
Meanwhile Jupiter trine Uranus:
* Success and victory
* Rapid expansion
* Spotlight, individuation, growth
* Being seen, having a presence, subversive expression
* Ego inflation, grandiosity, overestimating something
Meanwhile Saturn retrograde in Sagittarius:
* Revisiting something from the past
* Studying something from the past
* A crisis of faith/belief
* A reorientation of the mind/studies
* A philosophical revisioning period
All of these themes will be continuing on for a while as Mercury finishes its retrograde, and as we build toward the full moon.
Prayer: Help me to give the gifts I've been given, forgive the debts so that I might be forgiven, and speak in the same voice I love to hear.
A great Moon/Venus in Cancer opposite Pluto story from my morning walk.
If you're in the DC/Maryland area this morning then you know what a gorgeous day we're experiencing. So this morning I took my two dogs for a walk down Sligo Creek trail, near my house, and as I went along I ran into a family that lives on my street. They were standing with their infant son on the bridge looking down at the creek below. The man stopped me and said, "Hey man, do you know anything about snakes?"
He had a worried look on his face.
"Hmm," I said. "Not much. Why what's up?"
He pointed down at the river below.
"I just threw two snakes down there that were in my yard. You can see them by that cinder block. Do you see them? They're brown. Yeah, right there."
"Huh," I said. "Yeah. They're big!"
"I know man. I'm worried about my kids playing in the yard now. Can you tell what kind of snake they are?"
"I wish I could tell you," I said. "But I have no idea what kinds of snakes live around here."
"Yeah they were brown, but I'm afraid they're rattle snakes. Oh look, that one is moving. I thought it was dead!"
"Oh yeah," I said. " I see it."
We sat there for a few beats, all of us just looking at the snake. The little boy pointed up at the sky. My dogs were sitting looking at the sky, smiling.
"You could always google native Maryland/DC snakes and see if you find the match. That way you know if they're dangerous."
"You think they can swim?"
The man was so fixated on his fear of the snakes, his fear that they would get his children, that it was like he couldn't hear me.
"Probably," I said. "I think a lot of snakes can swim. But you know I bet it's not even venomous. You could check and find out really quickly."
"Okay, yeah," he said. His wife was looking up into the sky. The boy too. My dogs too.
Then realizing he still wasn't "really" hearing me, I said, "I'll go home and look them up and next time I walk by I'll bring you whatever I find. You live right there on the corner, right?"
"Yeah, he said," turning briefly to look at me, his eyes still hypnotized by the water snake.
And I wanted to say, "Don't worry. Venus is in Cancer opposing Pluto. It's natural to feel protective right now."
And I wanted to say, "It's not just a snake you're afraid of. It's the affair your having. Or the too much alcohol your drinking that keeps you ignoring your kids."
And I wanted to say, "It's your marriage. You know something is changing. Or, don't worry, your wife is just pregnant again. You guys just don't know it yet."
And I wanted to say, "Astrology is so real. Let me tell you about it and we can work to figure out what these snakes might be saying."
And I wanted to say, "Don't be afraid. Snakes are lucky! Maybe something new is going to happen."
OR even, "Soon, your mother is going to pass away and leave you her house and her money and you'll move away from this place."
Because when you know the astrology, at any point in time you can find yourself looking into the sky...seeing the animal wheel of the zodiac, spinning in the people you meet, the bridges you cross, and the random conversations that stand out like stars between the otherwise dark and smooth passages of your life. You can see the possibilities, sense like an animal the nature of the secret symbols presenting themselves.
But when you know the astrology, you are also hidden, cloaked, and in some ways, holding the ancient staff coiled round with serpents. A powerful knowledge must so frequently be hidden for its power to remain integral.
A man afraid of suddenly appearing snakes asks an astrologer for help in identifying whether or not the snakes are actually dangerous, though he doesn't know the man is an astrologer.
He's not asking for astrological advice, is he?
I just printed out two different illustrated guides to DC/Maryland snakes, and I'm going to drop it off at my neighbor's house on my way to run errands right now. If I can't give him astrological advice, then at least I can hand him a pamphlet about snakes and hope it makes him feel like he can relax a little. Judging by the pictures, it looked like a worm snake, which is apparently very common and non venomous. I have little doubt this might mean something more to him...a deeper relief than either of us can name right now.
prayer: may we see the hidden that will hurt and keep hidden the virtues that will heal
The Moon is in Pisces today, about to sextile the Sun in Taurus before going void of course for the rest of the day. Meanwhile, Mars is opposing Saturn, Mercury is slowing down to station, and Venus is moving into a trine with Neptune while it simultaneously squares the nodes of the Moon.
Most of the current aspects will really heat up after the new moon, once the moon starts waxing again. In the meantime, here's a list of what to watch for:
* Ideological, religious, or philosophical conflicts, competition, aggression, and negotiation (Mars in Gemini opp Saturn in Sagittarius)
* Dejavu and synchroncities increasing (Venus square the nodes)
* Psi and the paranormal, dreams, altered states, trouble sleeping (Venus trine Neptune while mars squares Neptune)
* Eruptions of family karma, family secrets, spying on family members, distrust, secrecy, conflicts in relationships, feeling embarrassed by our family or history (Venus in Cancer square the nodes of the moon and opposite Pluto)
* Foggy communication, hazy minded, tech problems, troubles getting organized or staying on task, complaints, whines, excuses, victims, psychosomatic tendencies, (Moon in Pisces and Mercury square Neptune)
* Rapid success, progress, luck, innovation, independence, grandiosity, and inflation (Jupiter trine Uranus)
* Discipline, law, twisting or bending the law, militarism, infighting, overcompensation for perceived weaknesses, (Mars in Gemini opp Saturn in Sagittarius)
* Revising beliefs, ideas, and philosophical commitments, walking the talk (Saturn retrograde in Sagittarius)
* Women's health, women's wisdom (Venus in Cancer)
* Mom's unconscious issues (Venus in Cancer opp Pluto in Capricorn)
* Going inward, releasing, losing energy, laying low, letting go (last phase of the moon before new again)
Prayer: Gentle and easy, support is all around us
The Moon is in Sagittarius this morning, opposing Venus in Gemini, right before Venus enters the sign of Cancer and then the Moon enters Capricorn. Meanwhile, Mercury has entered its shadow phase before retrograde on the 18th, and Mars is preparing to leave Taurus and enter Gemini next week.
What to watch for:
* Extravagance, indulgence, and entitlement (Moon opp Venus)
* Conflicts or tension in relationships (Moon opp Venus)
* Differing views or philosophies (Moon opp Venus in Sag/Gemini)
* The sudden desire to be at home, to be private, secretive, shy, sensitive, sweet, mysterious, and moody (Venus entering Cancer)
* The attraction to animals, children, cozy or protected places (Venus entering Cancer)
* What we want and the maturity required to know the difference between wants and needs (Venus entering Cancer right as the Moon enters Capricorn)
* Working hard for what we want, the patient, long view (Venus entering Cancer right as the Moon enters Capricorn)
* Peace, home, compromise, the calling to negotiate and find the noble, just, discerning path forward (North node in Libra, ruler Venus moving into Cancer)
* The selfish difficulty of desires, not getting what we want or not wanting to put in the work (south node Aries, ruler Mars in detriment in Taurus)
* Wanting it all, recognizing the tendency we have to exaggerate our needs (Sun in Taurus, squaring Jupiter in Leo)
* Vacillating between options, slowing down to consider multiple points of view, circumnavigating or going around rather than straight through something, reconsidering or reworking something, learning something new and revising old neural connections or pathways (Mercury in Gemini moving into its retrograde cycle)
* Sudden, exciting changes, news, victories, inventions, ideas, progress, and potential grandiosity or ego inflation (Jupiter in Leo moving into trine with Uranus in Aries)
* The mood dictates the experience, becoming more sensitive to that for the foreseeable future (Venus entering Cancer)
* Moody/victimy/longing/discontent/neediness (Venus in Cancer applying to trine Neptune in Pisces)
* Romantic/quiet/imaginative/emotional longing (Venus in Cancer applying to trine Neptune in Pisces)
* Hard work pays off (Moon in Capricorn)
* Trouble resting because of the feeling that there is so much to do (Moon in Capricorn)
* Working hard to create a strongly desired feeling of safety (Moon in Capricorn as ruler of Venus in Cancer..the moon's home sign)
* Mothers day coming!! (Venus in Cancer)
* Revising or revisiting some kind of learning or travel from the past (Saturn retrograde in Sagittarius)
* Communicative haze/fog/confusion/deception/slips of the tongue/unconscious remarks/increased psychic sensitivity/synchronicities/dejavu/overt symbolism (Mercury in Gemini square to Neptune in Pisces)
I often received the question, "How can all of these be happening at once?" And the answer is that they aren't all happening at once. In fact, it's possible that none of the above are happening but that something else that fits the interaction of the archetypes is more fitting. The point of providing a list like this is for people to be able to ground their daily experiences and current life dramas (the good and the bad, so to speak) in the planetary movements. We're trying to encourage symbolic thinking because it's through symbolic thinking, and weaving heaven and earth together, that we open to the voice of spirit within us, the divine seed whose desire it is to learn and grow into its unique shape. By making the connections to the themes above, we are also immediately engaged in the spiritual virtues or vices of them. For example...if you find yourself engaged in some kind of deception right now, or someone is trying to deceive you, the astrological square between Mercury and Neptune not only mirrors or signifies that experience but there is also the implicit spiritual advice: don't be deceived. On the other hand, if you need to hide from a predatorial person in your life, the same symbol says: stay beneath the radar with a little tact and mental/communicative strategy. People do this part of the work on their own; this part can't be spoon fed. The work of the daily astro-weather is to simply give us a list of the archetypal fields that are currently expressing themselves in the sky because they are the same fields expressing themselves in our lives. One is not causing the other to happen; they are cooperative and simultaneous. Predictability might imply some kind of mechanics at work, and its safe to say that intelligent design is at play in everything, but the multivalence also implies that we needn't look to the sky for everything. In fact, often when we look to the sky we're looking at multiple timelines, options, and choices to be made more than events that are fated or predetermined. Our work when we read a horoscope listing all the events of the day, is to simply find our event. Find where the gods are reaching into our hearts and minds, and then do the work of those themes. The courageous work of doing what we know is right in our heart and soul, given the themes we are perhaps most possessed by at any time. The gods are so much more interesting and beautiful when we establish ourselves as autonomous agents who can recognize their presence in our lives and then do the work of relating with them, rather than being dominated by them. Like children who are working to establish their autonomy from their parents, rather than being mere puppets or mimics of their patterns...yet at the same time cannot ever be fully separate from their patterns.
Prayer: Help me to see myself and my life, reflected in the planets and stars, and help me to live the life I know in my heart I'm here to live.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.