Venus is just about to enter Libra and move from the sign of its depression or fall and into its home sign. Just as Venus enters Libra it will also square Saturn in Capricorn between now and August 9th.
Here's what to watch for:
* You may notice that Venus related things suddenly improve or receive a boost. For example, self-esteem sometimes improves, or you may notice that you are feeling attractive again, etc. On the other hand, relationship dynamics may improve, featuring more grace, flow, ease, tact, and diplomacy, and less strain, tension, mental analysis or strife, pickiness, dryness, etc. You may also notice that where things have been dry and not growing or developing easily that there is growth, confirmation, support, abundance, etc. All of this has to do with the very basic idea that Venus is moving into a sign that is more conducive to her own significations. Libra is an air sign, sanguine, or warm and moist in nature, which is suited to Venus' natural warm/moist qualities.
* Libra is a social/air sign, sometimes called "humane," which means that Venus in Libra tends to bring growth, confirmation, support, and harmony to things through social and relational connections.
* Venus in Libra's shadow side is sometimes vanity, superficiality, elitism, obnoxious pc politeness, etc.
* Venus' entrance into Libra also reflects themes of justice, beauty, intelligence, truth, balance, sophistication, harmony, and discernment. However, the blindfold of lady justice has always suggested that truth, wisdom, and justice, are blind. This means that the truth isn't about superficial appearances or the whims of our ego or our subjective tastes. Truth is objective, like the straight lines of a perfect triangle, existing in an ideal world of shapes and numbers. On the other hand, one of the classic challenges for Librans often involves making difficult choices where our own subjective input is required, where there isn't a perfect or ideal solution, and where the scales must be tipped a little. The shadow of Libra is, therefore, the iron hand in the velvet glove...the cold inhumanness that may lurk below the surface of our beautiful "ideals."
* As soon as Venus enters Libra it enters into a square with Saturn in Capricorn. Though there are some potential challenges that come with this transit, it's also a wonderful time for creating deeper commitments, for changing or modifying commitments, for leaving relationships or professional partnerships that are no longer working or to find new ones that offer a more solid container or more mature vessel for the road ahead.
* Venus and Saturn represent that which ages like a fine wine. They also reflect the maturing of something beautiful, of a relationship, of a public image, of one's aesthetic or style, of one's knowledge or communication, etc.
* Venus and Saturn reflect the beauty, wisdom, and knowledge of the feminine, of grandmothers and of the crone.
* Venus and Saturn also represent the resistance that an aging woman has to the process of releasing their youth, to let younger women flourish or succeed, to meet the commitments of old age gracefully, etc. This is due to the strain Venus (goddess) feels in the face of Saturn (age/time/responsibilities/constraints/wisdom), but Venus may represent anyone, really, facing the same struggles or challenges.
* Venus and Saturn may also represent relational constraints or severity, rigidity, and contractive qualities. Venus and Saturn is the rigidity behind and within one's vanity...the controlling and anal retentive qualities found within our needing or having to look perfect, speak perfectly, be perfectly just, fair, or balanced.
* Venus and Saturn may withhold love with a kiss and a wink.
* Venus and Saturn may also indicate a rigid or unyielding position that one takes up by using someone or something that appears noble, beautiful, just, or intelligent. Beware of those who are constantly offering things only to withhold, withholding things while acting as though they are giving, etc.
* Most of the time, petty conflicts with others aren't worth our time for one simple reason: people don't usually change their positions, are not willing to self-reflect, and aren't open to really hearing about their own faults or flaws within the context of an argument or recurring conflict. Our patience with other people's dysfunction is just as necessary as the level of patience we must demonstrate with our own flaws. When we expect less of people, it's not that we are abandoning anyone or being abandoned, it's not that we should act superficially or pretend to accept something we can't accept, it's just that we recognize, over and over again, that we don't change anyone or anything by focusing on our flaws. Instead, we change by focusing our heart on the ever-present and overflowing source of divine love, living in ourselves, and living in everyone, everywhere. When we have eyes to see the divine in everything, when we focus on cultivating this kind of vision, faults fall apart just as readily as we fall back to the holy ground, soft heart, open mind, and one simple request back on our lips, like it never left, like it's our only birthright: "How can I serve?"
Prayer: Refine our commitments, deepen the beauty of our burdens, and age us in the splendor of your service.
The dark Moon is in Libra today, and it's ruler Venus is about to finish up it's rather more difficult placement in Virgo and then enter the sign of her rulership in Libra. Mars will follow suit and enter Libra by Thursday night (sign of his detriment).
Here's a short list of what to watch for:
* Small disasters (caused by over eagerness/desire/ego) thankfully averted (Mars surrounded by Jupiter and Venus in Virgo, with Venus in her fall conjunct the increasing effects of the north node)
* The end of a cycle, labor, project, or process (dark moon, about to be new again)
* The darkening intellect, the revelation of hidden truths, secrets, lies, or deceptions (Mercury in Scorpio conjunct the Sun)
* Generational encounters (Jupiter/Saturn square)
* Puritanical/moral rigidity or the return to purity and wholesomeness, or youth and vanity (Jupiter, Mars, and Venus in Virgo)
* Understanding the essence of something, or getting down to the bottom of it, refining our understanding, simplifying and expanding simultaneously (Saturn in Saggitarius, Sun/Mercury in Scorpio, Jupiter in Virgo)
* The reckless/naive/brave/cavalier/innocent qualities of youth, and the attainment of wisdom through life lessons and the grace of higher powers (Mars in Virgo surrounded by Jupiter and Venus)
* Purging, cleansing, criticizing (stellium in Virgo)
* The vanity of someone or something being exposed or seen clearly in the lights of Autumn
* The scientist, chemist, or explorer of dark/hidden/invisible realms (Mercury/Sun in Scorpio)
Prayer: Today is the Sun's day...may we all experience the renewal of our spirit and the knowledge of things that have been hidden from us until now.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.