Mercury is moving into an opposition with Jupiter, while Venus is applying to an opposition with Saturn.
A few things to watch for:
* Talking a big talk, maybe too big
* Analysis, skepticism, deconstruction, and doubt vs. coherence, affirmation, belief, faith, and trust
* The synthesis of intelligence and faith, right and left brain
* The apologist, the sophist
* The teacher and the student, the questions and the answers
* A big plan, mapped out down to the last detail
* Using reason to avoid a more committed, deeper emotional or spiritual examination fo something
* Using the "it feels better to not think too much about things" defense
* Using the "it feels better to have blind faith or confidence in something" defense
* Believing in something that inherently shut down to critical questioning or thoughtful examination
* A general and his strategist
* The message and the messenger, at cross purposes, working together?
* When the messenger betrays the message
* The heretic
* Translating something big into something manageable or accessible
Watch for these and other Mercury/Jupiter dynamics in the next twenty-four hours!
Meanwhile, Venus is approaching an opposition to Saturn by the end of the week...
* Feelings and needs vs self sufficiency and duty
* The end of a friendship or relationship
* Coming together in relation to a difficult topic
* Family feuds, civil strife,
* Orphans, abandoned children, grieving families
* The reduction or simplification of an aesthetic or style
* Cutting out what is unnecessary or superficial
* Trying to make a nice appearance or a display of emotion that isn't real or that covers up an indifferent, cold, or hard bottom-line
* Aged like a fine wine, time and beauty, a "classic"
* Vintage, youth and mortality set side by side
* Memory and ignorance
* Compassion vs. severity
* Family pride, tribal pride, ethnic or cultural pride, and the natural way in which any of it will exclude someone or something else...is all pride based on group allegiances bad? This and other questions.
* Something beautiful, sacred, familial, cherished, is lost, cut out, left behind, forgotten, buried, etc.
* Women and patriarchs
* The need for shelter, security, and safety, that sometimes comes at the cost of emotional or spiritual shelter, security, and safety
* The abandoned and vulnerable
* The snobbery and ironic coldness of romanticism, nostalgia, and "high art" or "legacies of beauty."
This and more...
We should remember that one of the truest marks of beauty is not found in what we accomplish or how many people like or adore us, of whether or not we have what we feel we deserve or whether or not things go as we plan or expect but rather in how attentive and present we are in each moment to exactly what is happening before us. In our simple attentiveness, along with our desire to give and share and reach out from our hearts to serve others and to serve the divine, we find that real beauty is timeless. It is in everything, though it is touched by nothing. It is remembered forever, though it is infinitely new.
Prayer: Show us to the place of your love, the place that is bigger and deeper each moment we give our attention and devotion to it. Help us to always remember you, and help us to never forget you.
The dark Moon is in Cancer today. It will be new by Sunday morning. Meanwhile, Venus is moving closer to its opposition with Saturn and Jupiter to its square with Pluto.
Here's what to watch for:
* Being frugal
* Relationship challenges coming to a head
* Loneliness or isolation
* Deeper commitments/maturity in love
* The young in love with the old or vice versa
* Conflicts of belief, ideology, faith in relationships
* Issues from the past barring us from moving forward in negotiations, partnerships, agreements, etc
* Minimalism is beautiful
* Reduction or elimination adorns
* Gossip and complicated relationship dynamics
* Sacrifices in love and friendship
* Honesty and withholding or denial
Jupiter in the balance/Pluto in the goat horned one
* Crime and punishment
* Due process
* Manipulation of law
* Balance and karma
* The abuse of the legal system
* Revelations and karmic reckoning
* Judgment and depth
* Power and fairness
* Authority and checks and balances on authority
* The process of arriving at the truth about something complex
* Speaking truth to power
* The death or decline of justice
* Losing faith in fairness
* The ends justifying the means mentality
* Powerful and intense forms of growth, expansion, and blessing
* The corruption of the law
* The costume of decency and fairness vs the real thing
This weekend the balsamic Moon will drain out old wounds and begin moving us out of an emotionally turbulent period of time, as the Sun also moves into Leo and Mars and the Sun conjoin by next Wednesday and the Venus Saturn opposition fades.
Quite a few of my readers and also my friends have been commenting that they have felt a wide range of very intense moods and feelings lately. To validate this, we've had a badly debilitated Mars in the sign of the ever-changing Moon. Mental and emotional and physical and even spiritual exhaustion and fluctuation have been on the menu for a while now given this configuration, and the ups and downs are related to whatever the Moon is doing, as Mars has been hosted by the Moon. So the feelings of alternating and extreme emotional or mental/psychological and even physical states (if you've been experiencing them) should start to subside in the next week or so, JUST IN TIME for eclipse season and a long-standing Mercury opposite Neptune + Mercury retrograde season, + Jupiter square Pluto...the list will go on...August is a big month!
Prayer: Remind us that more than our stability, more than our perfectness, more than feeling great or getting everything right, we are asked to simply keep showing up and allowing the burn to bless us.
Venus is closing in on an opposition to Saturn, and Mars is about to enter Leo.
Here is what to watch for:
Venus opposite Saturn:
* Conflicts in love
* Conflicts in friendship
* Separation or isolation
* Deepening commitments, devotion to something greater
* Conflicting ideologies
* Dogma vs open-mindedness in relationships
* Conflicts of faith and belief in partnerships
* Training the mind to keep its commitments
* Diversity vs consistency
* Loneliness on a spiritual path
* Hard differences on the best approach to something
* Negotiations breaking down
* Beautiful things vs materialism
* Being unfaithful, cheating, or gossip
* The opportunity for maturing or growing wiser in love and friendships or any kind of relationship
* Eliminating or simplifying something
* Simplification and subtle forms of beauty
* Reduction makes something more beautiful
* Narrowing our choices, tastes, interests
* Returning or giving back something we've purchased or been given
* Waiting for what we want or desire, being held back from what we long for
We will add more to this list in the next few days as the aspect perfects...for now please feel free to post your stories. How are you seeing Venus opposite Saturn appearing in your life right now?
Mars is also about to enter Leo today, where the dignity of Mars will shift out of his fall and into the rulership of the Sun. Mars was traditionally said to do better than most planets with combustion due to his own fiery nature, but the Mars/Sun combustion is still very challenging. Notice that for weeks we've spoken of the dying or failing or exhaustion of the masculine/Mars principle...a headline that mirrors this dynamic is the recent news of Senator McCain, a war hero, grappling with brain cancer. Another headline involves the drowning/suicide of a former NFL football player...James Hardy is one of several NFL players who have died under the combustion of this Mars in Cancer.
We don't point these out to win any accuracy points but rather to train our minds to notice the signs of the times so that we might recognize the planets in our own lives, and so that by recognizing them we might avoid the trap of being seized by them unconsciously. The more consciously we engage with these transits, the more the daily planetary weather provides us with opportunities for the continued development of our devotion to the divine...something that is always cultivated in loving presence and thoughtful attention.
Prayer: Teach us to hear the music of the sky, each and every day, so that we might learn to love you more, each and every day.
The Moon is in Taurus today, applying to a trine with Jupiter in Virgo. Meanwhile, the Sun and Venus are now almost exactly opposite Saturn and square to Jupiter and Neptune.
Here's what to watch for:
* An overly restrictive attitude held for too long within a relationship leads to misfortune
* Reconciliation in relationships becomes possible after an amplification of our differences
* Father/Son dynamics, an older/younger generational confrontation, passing of the torch, rite of passage
* Confrontations with friends, co-workers, or authority figures/bosses
* A piece of gossip or insider/secret information that is hurtful is somehow exposed
* An opportunity for bonding or starting over after a period of conflict and tension
* An important transitional phase unfolding in our lives...something entirely new is gradually establishing itself while something whose effects have been with us for a long time are wearing off
* The amplification of various conflicts and challenges
* Jealousy distorting the reality of a problem..."frienemies"
* Serious challenges to old paradigms or models
* Stubborn, obstinate viewpoints that will not compromise..should they?
Overall, we are moving through a period of time that reflects a kind of major ongoing transition, during which time various conflicts of ideas within relationships are pronounced. To sum it up, we are getting clear about which direction we want to go in with our lives and it may or may not sync up with an entire web of people or relationships in our lives. Navigating this terrain of clashing values in relationships, and figuring out what this means for our relationships, is a big part of what this month's astrology is all about!
Prayer: Help us to remember that we are each more than the summation of our beliefs or ideas.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.