Today Venus in Libra is opposing Uranus in Aries.
Here's what to watch for:
* Sudden changes or disruptions in relationships
* Sudden changes or disruptions in agreements or contracts
* Sudden changes or disruptions in diplomatic or deal-making attempts
* The goddess and the rebel
* The desire to make sudden changes to wardrobe, style or fashion
* Eccentric sexuality
* Issues of freedom and independence in relationships
* Breaking a deal or an agreement
* Changing sides or flipping sides
* Triangulation dynamics
* Shock or disruption to Venusian places, events, etc.
* Innovative women
* Defiant creativity
* The liberal desire for breakthrough and change
* Shakeups to policies, procedures, laws, or the general way that peace, order, and fairness are maintained
* The independent, combative, and assertive contending with the diplomatic, peaceful, and fair
* Erratic attempts to strong-arm people into agreements
* The desire to do something drastic or rebellious held in check by the need for due process, fairness, and the reality of public appearances, etc.
It's a dynamic moment to end the month!
Please remember that I am still 240+ backers away from this year's fundraising target. We are doing well so far, but I need the support of more of my readers and viewers to pitch in and help support this work in 2019! I can't do it without you. Please pick a gift reading or take one of my classes when you pitch in. :) Donate here.
Prayer: Help us to find a more radical love, a more radical peace, and give us the breakthrough that is kindest and most loving.
Jupiter is still at the heart of the Sun today. Meanwhile, Venus is moving back into an opposition with Uranus for the last time.
Here is what to watch for:
* Jupiter at the heart of the Sun brings a warm, expansive lift to the heroic energy of the Sun, reminding us that we are each called to something higher.
* Jupiter and the Sun give us big eyes and confidence. But remember the saying..."Don't go to the grocery store on an empty stomach."
* Jupiter and the Sun fix our sight on a new goal and surprise us with new pathways forward.
* Jupiter and the Sun expand our sphere of influence, increase our knowledge and wisdom, but may also puff us up with pride and grandiosity.
* Meanwhile, Venus is moving back into an opposition with Uranus, which will perfect on November 30th.
* One last time we have an intense, Mars-themed element of disruption hitting Venus ruled things: relationships, places of peace or worship, theaters and the arts, women and sexuality, etc.
* On the other hand, we could very well see themes of innovation and originality, and experimentation related to Venus topics, as well as the need for greater independence or freedom. Let's not forget that during this transit we also saw a wave of women elected to public office.
* Meanwhile, today the Moon in Cancer opposes Pluto in Capricorn and then moves into a t-square with Venus and Uranus, which will start to activate the dynamic in preparation for their opposition.
* Watch today for themes of emotional purgation, depth, and intensity, as well as themes of nature vs. nurture, the need to belong vs. the feeling of being an outcast, family karma, issues related to women, mothers, and women's health, etc.
In Kickstarter news, we are now just 16 backers shy of the 100 backer mark. Last year we rallied the support of 368 of you, so we still have a long way to go, but we're doing a good job so far! Remember that my upcoming online courses begin this week and next, and tuition is discounted when you donate. I also offer a variety of "year-ahead" readings that can be given as gifts! If you appreciate my work and get something good from it, then help support this work in 2019!!
Prayer: Give us more than what we ask for. Give us the excitement to give back to you wholeheartedly whatever we receive.
In the next twenty-four hours, Venus in Scorpio will oppose Uranus in Taurus. This is happening just prior to Venus turning retrograde next month, which means that we will have two more Venus/Uranus oppositions to come.
Here's what to watch for:
* While Venus represents the harmonization of things that differ from one another, Uranus represents a departure from norms or traditions. While Venus represents beauty, Uranus represents defiance and originality. While Venus represents love, pleasure, and desire, Uranus represents individuality, disruption, and unpredictable or shocking twists of fate or fortune.
* When two planets form an opposition, it indicates the potential for either creative tension, resulting in birth, or polarization, extremes, separation, and the abandonment of one thing for another.
* We are therefore going to be experiencing an extended period of the oppositional tension between these two planets. The first opposition is tomorrow, September 12th, the next is October 31st, this time via Venus' retrograde, and the final opposition will occur on November 30th (this time with Venus in Libra and Uranus in Aries).
* Remember, Venus in Scorpio is traditionally considered to be in her detriment or "exile," and this is due to the challenge that Venus has in being/doing Venusian things while hanging out in Mars' home place. This doesn't mean that synthesis isn't possible, but it isn't likely to come without some effort.
* Here are some of the ways you might see the themes relating to each other
* Ongoing challenges in relationships involving a reluctance to compromise one's individual desires, needs, or appetites.
* Sexual, stylistic, or aesthetic changes that are shocking, defiant, original, and sudden, but perhaps, also, misguided, too fast or impulsive, manipulative, passive-aggressive, vindictive, or rooted in some subtle element of conflict
* The desire to make a statement in a relationship overriding the health of the relationship
* Originality or experimentation at the cost of intimacy
* Sudden or shocking events involving relationships, love, romance, beauty, sexuality, creativity, etc.
* Secrets, longing, betrayal, jealousy, lust, suddenly coming to the surface, perhaps in an act of rebellion or sudden boundary-breaking disregard
* The desire to break free from oppressive emotional situations
* Inventive and original music, art, fashion, perhaps with a dark or exotic twist
* Shocking or subversive news, information, announcements, or even public breakups
* Women, feminism, controversies surrounding women in power
* Women's rights, women's independence
* A time where issues in relationships are coming to the surface and offering a liberation from suffering or troubles...the relationship fight or breakdown that leads to breakthrough
* A revising of one's personal values, struggles with self image, the desire to radically change or alter one's appearance
* Issues surrounding identity politics, changes or transformations of sexual identity, the collective relationship to sexual identity issues, in general
So there are a lot of different possible combinations to explore with these two planets over the next couple of months. Stay tuned for more!
Prayer: Show us the beauty of our eternal nature!
Venus is just separating from it's opposition to Uranus and Mars is now applying to a square with Pluto.
* Here in the US another mass/public shooting, this time in a church in Texas. Last week we also saw bicyclers mowed down on a bicycle path in NYC.
* Last week I wrote several times about Venus opposite Uranus and the potential challenges, desecrations, disruptions, or violence done toward Venusian people, places, things, etc. Among those places traditionally ruled by Venus, temples, sanctuaries, ceremonies, parks, and religious customs or festivals were included. In fact, whereas Jupiter was thought of as the high priestly class, Venus was also sometimes thought of as the priestly class, though usually in relation to the upholding of a ceremony, religious rites, and temple cleanliness. Regardless, this event is unfortunately signified by the Venus/Uranus opposition. For those who track other planetary bodies, Venus was also opposite Eris, who is also conjunct Uranus. For those wanting more on the Uranus/Eris transit, or anything related to Eris, I recommend checking out Henry Seltzer's work!
* In the coming weeks, under the upcoming dark Moon/New Moon phase, Mars will square Pluto. I hate to predict anything related to more public violence, but it seems almost inevitable over the past few years that every time a fast moving planet squares or opposes Uranus or Pluto that we see another public act of terrorism, or violence, not to mention all the political and environmental drama happening all over the world. On the other hand, knowing that these events are the fruiting of a karma, a part of collective destiny, what can any of us do but trust the process and double down on the importance of our own actions in the world as well as the awakening of our own spiritual consciousness?
* Perhaps one blessing in the midst of these difficult times is the fact that Jupiter in Scorpio tends to grow our faith through our encounter with darkness, both in ourselves, in others, and in the world at large. Jupiter is currently moving toward a trine with Neptune, which means renewal, growth, and expansion of faith are also depicted in the sky during the midst of some of these recurring Pluto/Uranus dynamics.
* I had a dream/vision last night that I've been sitting with all day today. It feels worth sharing. In the dream, I was bearing witness to the Rwandan genocide, which took the lives of 800,000 Rwandans in the span of just a few months in the 1990's. I was sitting next to a young man and we were looking out over a trail of bodies that resembled something from the film "Hotel Rwanda," and he said to me something like, "People in the West don't understand suffering. I had no idea. Is it okay to say I'm thankful for seeing this?" I didn't know what to say, so I said, "I think it's okay, yes."
Prayer: Make it okay.
Happy Full Moon Everyone!
Late tonight, early tomorrow morning, the Full Moon is in Taurus. Meanwhile, Venus is opposing Uranus today.
Here's what to watch for:
* This full Moon is brought to you by Mars and Venus. The Sun is in Mars' sign and the Moon in Venus' sign. Meanwhile, Venus is in her own sign moving through an opposition with Uranus in Mars' sign. So the simplest message is this: watch for the tension between Mars and Venus today and over the weekend.
* The tension between Mars and Venus can be creative. Traditionally, planetary oppositions were thought of as relationships that reflected irreconcilable opposites. The opposites could be thought of as either tensing up or relaxing, depending on how planetary opposites were configured with each other. The tension and relaxation were thought to be generative in nature. They weren't to be "balanced," as much as they were productive of new creations, new beings, new things, or new events.
* So sometimes in my horoscopes I will write, "watch for the tension between Mars and Venus" and people will say, "sounds kind of heavy, what about Mars and Venus in harmony or balance?" Well, no, because which planet favors harmony and balance? Venus! So no, I'm sorry, but we can't make an oppositional quality between Mars and Venus all about Venus' preference here (even if it sounds really lovely!). At the same time, "tension," isn't the same as hostility or aggression, which would favor mars. Tension is just that, it's tension. Creative tension, sexual tension, anxious tension, it's all different kinds of tension between the two planetary archetypes. What are the planetary archetypes of Mars and Venus? In the simplest terms, Mars is division, conflict, strife, competition, and separation, whereas Venus is harmony, friendship, beauty, grace, and unity.
* Each planet also has its own virtues and vices. For example, Mars' might be violent, but Venus can be superficial and vain.
* Venus opposite Uranus has a lot to do with candor. Let's say you have something really provocative to do or say or announce or propose. Venus will tell you to do it the right way, through the appropriate channels, and Uranus will tell you to just do it your own damn way, regardless of appearances.
* Venus in Libra reflects something beautiful, friendly, and harmonious, and Uranus in Aries reflects something individualistic, aggressive, defiant, and forceful.
* Venus in Libra represents the acceptable, the socially pleasing, and Uranus in Aries represents the necessary changes that may disturb the social order.
* Venus is the goddess, Uranus in Aries is the disruption or the forceful challenge to the Goddess.
* Venus is the peace agreement, the negotiation, the deal, the accord, and Uranus is what is revolutionary, progressive, defiant, technologically advanced, impatient, and demanding.
* The Taurus Full Moon prefers something beautiful, full, solid, sensual, light, reliable, and rich. The Scorpio Sun prefers something deep, driving, penetrating, authentic, beyond appearances, invisible or dark.
Prayer: May whatever tension we're experiencing be put into the loving service of the divine.
Venus is closing in on an opposition to Uranus.
Here's what to watch for based on the study of previous Venus/Uranus dynamics:
* Venus will perfect its opposition to Uranus by early last Friday night/early Saturday morning.
* Not many people know that Venus was traditionally related not only to women, beauty, harmony, love, and the goddess but also cleanliness. An affliction to Venus can sometimes represent desecration or a clean environment becoming stained, toxic, or diseased. We can also think of these images as metaphors. An affliction to Venus can also interrupt, damage, or destroy images of beauty, femininity, or public reputation.
* The opposition to Uranus would involve technology, invention, rebellion, sudden disruption or destruction and revolution in relationship to cleanliness or something that is naturally beautiful or Venusian.
* For example, last year when Venus opposed Uranus The US and China joined the Paris global climate agreement, but North Korea conducted its largest nuclear test to date.
* Global CO2 levels exceeded 400 ppm at the time of year normally associate with minimum levels. 400 ppm was believed to be higher than anything experienced in human history.
* Two paintings by Van Gogh were stolen from a museum in Amsterdam. They were collectively worth over 100 million dollars.
* A pregnant woman is discovered to be infected with Zika virus after cases jump to over 100 in Singapore. Malaysia confirmed its first report of the zika virus.
* Female victims of the martial law dictatorship of Ferdinand Marcos spoke at the Phillippine Supreme court about how they endured torture during his regime.
* Samsung recalls Galaxy Note 7's because they are exploding and harming people.
* 3 million bees died in South Carolina after being exposed to pesticides meant to kill mosquitoes carrying zika.
* There was a massive earthquake in Oklahoma...of all places...and it was tied to fracking in the region.
* Mother Teresa was controversially canonized as a saint by the Vatican (some of her miracles were intensely scrutinized by some in the Catholic community).
* A newly discovered asteroid was named after Freddy Mercury.
* Mainstay Greta Van Susteren leaves Fox News after 14 years.
* Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial date is set.
Notice how in each of these stories, something Venusian and something Uranian are paired together in oppositional tension. Over the next week, we will witness similar Venus/Uranus themes all over the world.
Prayer: Give us the courage to protect what is truly beautiful.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.