Happy New Moon in Aries! The Sun and Moon conjoin this evening to begin the first new moon of zodiacal spring.
What to watch for:
* A few remaining sizzles and sparks from the electrical, dynamic, Mercury and Uranus conjunction. Watch for strange flashes, electrical surges, breakthroughs in communication, odd things happening with technology that reflect an inner epiphany or shift. Speaking up and out. Information that changes an entire situation.
* Meanwhile, Jupiter and Pluto are square to one another. While Jupiter symbolizes victory, success, growth, and expansion, Pluto symbolizes death and regeneration, catharsis and revelation (the revealing of that which has been hidden). We are in the midst of an important moment in the overall t-square process between Jupiter, Pluto, and Uranus. The revelations being uncovered right now bring with them a sense of restored faith, renewal, hope and growth. Pluto in a Saturn ruled sign reveals the brokenness of an expiring way of thinking or being in the world. Pluto in Capricorn exposes the rot at the bottom of a structure, and Jupiter in Libra confronts the brokenness with an eye for restoring balance, fairness, and faith. While Pluto dredges the depths and exposes corruption, Jupiter renews and restores our faith in a process of checks and balances.
* Personally, it is a great time to set an intention for the renewal of health, faith, and moderation. Wherever there has been excess that has led to dis-ease, now is the time to move with force, vigor, and good faith toward healing and restoration.
* In the next two weeks the Sun will move through the t-square to Jupiter, Uranus, and Pluto, once again intensifying the revolutionary moment we are in. With the Sun catalyzing the situation from its exalted position in Aries, we should watch for the involvement of leaders (heads of state = sun) attempting to coerce or strong arm a complicated situation, OR becoming the target of revolutionary attempts to overthrow their power. It's an interesting moment for power, power structures, leaders, or public officials of all kinds.
* Demonstrations of power/might, in general, should step up in the next few weeks.
* Heroism, heroic efforts, interventions..
* Meanwhile, Venus in Aries is backing out of Aries and into her exaltation in Pisces, where she will enter into several weeks of being in a square with Saturn. We will visit this in the days/weeks to come, but this will be a big moment for love, relationships, diplomacy, art, beauty, style, age and love, seriousness in love, loss in love, romance and "reality."
Prayer: Aim our heart toward our mind and our mind toward our heart, so that we live and breathe as a singular force of your love.
The Moon is in Libra today.
Here's what to watch for:
* Mercury is finally leaving Pisces (place of his fall) and moving into Aries. Watch as the cobwebs clear and we suddenly start calling our shots again. Watch as we move from a more sensitive, intuitive, and emotional way of thinking, processing, and navigating to a more direct, forceful, aggressive, and action-oriented mode. Mercury is also beginning to emerge from beneath the rays of the Sun, and will slowly appear as the evening star in the next weeks. Where things have been hidden, kept below the surface, or in a process of gestation, information will soon be out in the open again and springing us forward.
* The Spring Equinox is just a week away. We're finishing eclipse season, and Jupiter and Uranus are still closely opposed as we reach the first seasonal pivot of the year. This turning point will engage the Jupiter/Uranus opposition and we should see a surge of yang energy propelling everything forward and perpetuating the theme of fast moving revolution that is in the air right now. Where things have been in an emergent process watch as they pick up greater speed and momentum in the next week.
* Today the Moon opposes Venus and then slowly moves to activate the t-square between Jupiter/Uranus and Pluto. Today and tomorrow are pivotal days that will generate more cardinal/cathartic events within the overall process of revolution, invention, and breakdown/breakthrough symbolized by this historic t-square. It's likely that the events of the next few days will bring qualities of judgment, fairness, checks and balances, due process, aesthetic or diplomatic revisions, and the general need for balance.
* Today's Moon/Venus opposition will also activate Venus retrograde in Aries. Because the Moon is in Venus' sign, she is willing to work aggressively on behalf of Venus' needs or demands today. She will also bring a sense of balance, patience, and discernment into the picture.
Prayer: Prepare us for the coming of celestial spring!
The Moon is in Leo today, applying to a sextile with Jupiter and then a trine with Saturn. Mars is about to enter Taurus.
What to watch for:
* The final degrees of Mars in Aries brings a noticeable intensity and feeling of culmination, like a string of fireworks being ignited simultaneously. Notice for example the rapid fire of political events that began last weekend with Trump's wire tapping claims, followed by the roll out of the new travel ban, the new health care plan, the wikileaks CIA dump, and the Marine's United scandal (to name a few, right!).
* The entrance of Mars into Taurus often coincides with environmental challenges or themes of protection/defense of the environment versus attacks on the environment. The fixed and earth qualities of the Bull are going to be activated as of tonight.
* Mars into Taurus while Venus is retrograde in Aries is like the image of two drunk people helping each other home from the bar. Both debilitated, but in each other's signs...able to help one another. Watch for mutually debilitated people/positions to assist one another in the upcoming weeks. Thanks to my student Dean Miller for this particular image. Brilliant! :-)
* The Moon in the Lion today is applying to a sextile with Jupiter which means we should see an overall aura of support, especially if you need to approach someone in a position of authority or judgment. Finding assistance is especially easy if your heart is in the right place and you're presenting a noble cause!
* We're heading toward full Moon, so watch as energy and events start driving toward fulfillment or culmination in the next few days!
Prayer: Help us to find one another on the way home from the bar of life.
The Moon is in Virgo today, applying slowly to sextile Saturn in Scorpio by tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, Venus is now on the opposite side of the Sun and will begin her journey toward her position as the morning star. She is also now applying through retrograde to a conjunction of Mars in Leo, while the Sun is applying to a powerful square with Saturn by the end of next week.
What to watch for:
* The reunion with an old flame, lover, or friend (Venus rx toward a conjunction with Mars)
* The return, devaluation, revaluing, or gifting of something valuable (Venus RX)
* Is that gift really a gift? (Venus rx)
* How generous should we be, and when is generosity a tool of the ego for being liked or getting something it wants in return? (Venus rx in Leo)
* Going through a value, style, aesthetic, or self esteem revolution (Venus rx in Leo)
* Generational conflict, power struggles, envy, greed, competition, the refusal to release, age, die, grow old, entitlement, and stubborn pride (Sun in Leo square Saturn in Scorpio, Saturn in detriment in Suns' sign)
* The new becomes the old and the old becomes the new (Jupiter square Saturn)
* The relinquishing of various totems or images of ourselves for the sake of a new projected image (Venus descending from evening star, into the underworld, and arising as morning star soon)
* An emphasis on organizing, cleaning, clearing, editing, planning, and purifying (Moon in Virgo), and the power to get these things done (ruler Mercury in home sign and exaltation in Virgo)
* Something new is growing (New moon just showing)
It's a good day to make preparations, continue taking small steps toward bigger goals or plans, and to observe the smallest effects of the newest things taking shape. Careful observation at the beginning leads to cleaner results by the end.
Prayer: Careful eyes, careful hands, careful feet, the workings of creation
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.