Annnd the Moon is weaving its way through a square to Mercury, conjunction to Pluto and then conjunction to Mars today and into tomorrow, just as Venus is moving into a square with Neptune and Mercury is squaring Pluto.
Here are a few things to watch for today and over the next few days to come:
* Conflicts in communication, planning, strategizing, or organization
* Issues with technology
* Challenging words, conflicting ideas
* Hard/inflexible/harsh/severe thinking
* Information or messages erupting from a deep and potentially unseen place
* Hidden or secretive communication
* Confronting subconscious or hidden realities
* Courageous thinking
The Moon highlights these issues today as its waning light reflects the coming Mercury/Pluto square and as it conjoins with combative and brave Mars. More on Mercury/Pluto over the next few days.
Meanwhile, Venus is moving into a square with Neptune:
* Social stimulation and the substances involved
* Gossip and warping or perverting an original message, idea, or event (think of the telephone game!)
* Media, women, and glamour
* Film and fantasy, attractive or distracting
* Saying too much, loss or lack of filter
* Issues around friends, romance, love....add the element of water
* Making something out to be better than it is
* Beauty from another world
* Imagination, intellect, and friendship
* The urge or temptation to do something frivolous
* To chase a mirage
* To fall in love with your own image, thinking you're in love with someone or something else
* Siblings and karma surrounding siblings
* Cleaning out the mind and mouth
* Celebration, music, and the sacred
* Seeking sacred social connections
More to come...we also have the Sun opposite Jupiter to explore in the next few days. A fast start to May, and we're not even to the part where Uranus enters Taurus!!!
Prayer: Teach us to slow down and hear the words we're saying, feel the thoughts we're feeling, and gradually see our true selves beyond these temporary sanctuaries. From that holy place, remind us how to be your servants, fully occupied by your love.
A number of important astrological transits are all in the midst of perfecting right now. Let's refresh...
* July 26th and 27th the Sun and Mars will be conjunct, finally, in the sign of Leo.
* The frustration, the battle of wills, the exhaustion of effort, ends
* For some this transit has been all about dealing with the limits of what we can and cannot do, how we should and should not use our strength, and what constitutes power and authority versus domination or abuse of power
* The Sun/Mars combustion is also about a certain level of intensity being brought to all our actions recently, and the need to burn off our intemperance through the fire of knowledge
* The Sun consuming Mars is also a signal that Men, authority figures, leaders, or father figures are currently being challenged to walk the talk, to lead by example, and to withstand the temptation to use force or muscle rather than cultivating more loving kindness
Sun/Mars and Uranus square:
* The desire to create immediate, rapid, revolutionary changes is also at hand right now with the application of the Sun and Mars to Uranus.
* This transit can also be quite reckless as the impulses of Mars can lead us into accidents, misunderstandings, and unnecessary frustration, agitation, and carelessness
* If something is really worth changing, then it's also worth waiting for if the current situation doesn't support the change or makes the change more damaging than helpful....sometimes we know we need change but we approach the change in the spirit of the same old pattern and hence nothing new actually takes place
* Mars and Uranus also speak to the self-righteous violence of a revolutionary cause
* Mars and Uranus reflect the technology and weapons of war as well as those developed to combat sickness, disease, or injustice
* Mars and Uranus reflect the impulse to break with the old, forcefully, powerfully, with disregard for the opposition
* Venus and Jupiter trine to one another bring people together
* Venus and Jupiter provide opportunities and openings in the midst of the turmoil of the transits above
* Venus and Jupiter remind us that teamwork is necessary
* Venus and Jupiter offer us support from people in authority
* Venus and Jupiter believe
* Venus and Jupiter offer deals, negotiate favorably, and support through friends, allies, and benefactors, or the green light from those in charge
* Venus and Jupiter offer growth and development where it is needed
* Venus and Neptune long for something more
* Venus and Neptune aren't content with the mundane
* Venus and Neptune imagine beyond the current situation
* Venus and Neptune require aesthetic changes
* Venus and Neptune imagine a new way, look, or feel
* Venus and Neptune fill the heart with otherworldly love
* Venus and Neptune wear rose-colored glasses
* Venus and Neptune deceive us in love
* Venus and Neptune daydream
* Venus and Neptune intoxicate us
* Venus and Neptune come to us in dreams
* Venus and Neptune require fantasy and erotic pleasure
* Venus and Neptune create a bond rooted in the desire to keep the conversation going
Prayer: Teach us how to give what we really have to give.
Today Mars continues applying closer to its square with Uranus while the Sun draws closer to Mars. Meanwhile, Venus is moving into a square with Neptune and a trine with Jupiter.
Today an I Ching Meditation on the planetary transits:
* The 8th hexagram is called "Bonding," or "Holding Together," and it depicts the organization and/or administration of the military or a group of people into a cohesive and functional whole, usually with a particular goal or ambition in mind.
* The 8th hexagram sometimes encourages us to cast the I Ching again and to inquire as to whether or not we possess the strength of character to deal with, lead, or assemble this effort.
* The reason the I Ching suggests casting again is to simply emphasize how no larger, coordinated effort is possible without a virtuous person and a virtuous goal or ambition.
* No virtuous effort is performed without virtuous organization, administration, and execution. Virtuous goals require virtuous people and virtuous actions. The ends do not justify unvirtuous means. Hexagram 8 is clear about this.
* We can see this right now as we notice the Sun and Mars coming together in a square with Uranus, indicating an effort to overthrow, revolutionize, or significantly alter something. This revolutionary, innovative impulse is taking place in the midst of a Venus/Neptune square and a Venus/Jupiter trine, reminding us that we will need others, and we will need love to accomplish anything worth accomplishing right now.
* When the 4th line of Hexagram 8 changes, we get a specific message: "Hold to him outwardly also. Perseverance brings good fortune."
* In this line we see an instruction to seek help outside of ourselves or from someone we might not normally consider to be an ally or form of support.
* The 4th line suggests that we also outwardly display our affection, love, ideals, or virtues, in order to rally the sympathy and support of allies and possibly new people.
* The 4th line also speaks to the importance of practicing what we preach, of walking our talk, and of being an example of whatever effort, cause, or change we are hoping to create. To some of us this might be obvious, but let's not forget how easy it is to take up a cause or to make a demand for change in others or in the world, infused with great moral righteousness, without simultaneously examining ourselves with the same vigor.
* When hexagram 8 changes via line four it becomes hexagram 45: gathering together.
* Here we have the picture of a group of diverse people gathering together for the sake of a common, moral goal. And yet the hexagram discusses preparing for possible chaos, factions, and infighting.
* Hexagram 45 is a picture of setting aside differences for the sake of a larger, moral goal, one that at least for the moment may unite people. However, careful and upright leadership is required in order to orchestrate the group together rather than seeing it devolve into chaos.
With Venus and Neptune coming into a square while Venus trines Jupiter, the need for diplomatic relationships and an ideal sense of what is possible between ourselves and others, is necessary. We may have to set aside our normal sense of who we will and will not relate with, who we are and are not above or below, in order to come together in the name of something higher. This need to come together for a cause is indicated by these Venus trines taking place at the exact same time that Mars is falling into the furnace of the Sun (something failing or ending), just as Mars and the Sun are squaring Uranus (the desire or call for immediate, rapid, transformation and revolution).
Are we living examples of the changes we wish for right now? Are we willing to compromise and work with people we wouldn't normally agree with? Do we examine ourselves with the same fierceness we examine others, the same fierceness we demand change from or diagnose the problems of the world?
Prayer: Teach us to be love's revolutionaries and not demanding purists with empty or angry hearts. Teach us to love you first, and may our most passionate work in the world reflect the spirit of your eternal peace.
The Moon is in Gemini today, void of course, and meanwhile Venus and Jupiter are sextile to each other today and Mercury and Mars are conjunct.
What to watch for:
* Poor planning or trying to do too much too quickly when the pace and energy demands slower and more methodical steps (Mercury/Mars in Taurus)
* Overstimulation, too much on the plate, scatter brained, all over the place (Venus in Gemini)
* Lack of appropriate communication or dialogue, misdirection, secrets, deception, illusions or delusions, crazy people (Venus in Gemini square Neptune in Pisces)
* Sacred or holy scriptures or texts, reading or writing projects, competitive communication (Venus in Gemini square Neptune in Pisces and Mercury conj Mars in Taurus)
* Effective use of time and organizing energy and resources, difficulty or contention in doing so, needing to take the lead, laziness or ineffective thinking/planning (Mercury/Mars in Taurus)
* Lucky/breakthroughs/favorable rolls of the dice (Venus sextile Jupiter)
* Faith, hope, optimism returning (Venus sextile Jupiter finally picking up speed direct)
* Charm, wit, sex appeal, attraction, magnetism, persona, flirtation (Venus in Gemini sextile Jupiter in Leo)
* An unexpected/positive communication or piece of news or information or idea (Venus in Gemini sextile Jupiter in Leo)
* Denial, avoidance, or stubborn resistance to the truth (Mercury/Mars in Taurus)
* Sexual curiosity (Venus in Gemini)
* Communicative, busy minded, bustling errands that accomplish less than hoped for (Moon void of course in Gemini)
* Simplification of time/energy (Mars/Mercury in Taurus)
* Revising or revisiting old beliefs (Saturn picking up speed retrograde in Sagittarius)
* Delving more deeply into patterns that have come up in the past six months for healing...getting real/responsible about things (Pluto just turned retrograde in Capricorn)
* Mature/adult challenges/responsibilities/transformations underway...time to "pull up the pants, buckle the belt, and do what needs to be done" (Pluto retrograde in Capricorn)
* Easy, slow, laid back, luscious, spring vibes in the air (Sun in Taurus)
An interesting mix of energies. How can we attempt to summarize what's going on this moon cycle? Let's look at the evidence first. 1. We had a new moon in the culminating degrees of Aries, 2. We're just coming off an intense eclipse cycle and the last Pluto/Uranus square, 3. We've got almost all the planets from Jupiter out to Neptune moving very slowly right now, and almost all of them (save Jupiter) will be retrograde together this summer, 4. All of our moon cycles until September will open in the last ten culminating degrees of each season's sign (next is late Taurus, then late Gemini, Cancer, and Leo).
Summary: As we've been saying for a while now, an old era is ending and a new one is beginning. However, major transitions take long periods of time. Though much of the big waves have already come through last month's eclipse cycle, each successive moon cycle now, along with the coming bulk of outer planets in retrograde, imply that we are revising major psychic and physical structures in our lives right now in order to accommodate the new era that's "slowly but surely" establishing itself.
This month the question has to do with the hard work of managing, planning, and reorganizing our time, energy, and resources. It's a bit of a nuts and bolts kind of month, though the temptation to be lazy or take the foot off the gas is huge. Part of the reason it might be easy to be lazy or indulgent right now is because many of us need some recovery from last month's eclipse intensity. So the question of managing time and energy is all the more pertinent. How do we shift the psychic structures of our lives rather than just lick our wounds and then persist in the same negative patterns all over again? There is no rest for the weary whose patterns make themselves weary. The work must be done, now, so that the need for rest that we're craving can be realized as an overall way of life. Putting it off only sinks our heels deeper into our own muddy denial.
Meanwhile, there is a real air of curiosity and openness reflected in the planets at this time. If we can tap into the free flow of information and insights available, the work we need to do for the sake of this long term transformation (really the work of this entire spring and summer) will happen much easier than we think. In fact it's our stubbornness of thought right now that will keep us mired down and pleading for an easy pacification of the spiritual labor pains we're experiencing.
Image/story to work with: a kid hates his acne and wants to clean up his face. He knows that in order to do this he needs to clean his bedroom, practice better hygiene, wash his clothes, order that special advanced face cream, and stop picking at his face in the mirror all the time. However, when he thinks of all the work involved to clean up his act a little, he feels so heavy that he gets anxious and goes to the mirror to pick at his face. This cycle repeats throughout an entire winter, until Spring comes. Finally the call of the open air, the sunshine, and the promise of a new day are too great to deny. He's going to do it because he wants to get out there and enjoy himself. It's slow going at first, and in some ways it gets worse before it gets better...but he knows he has to stick with it.
Prayer: Help us to accept ourselves as we are, but also help us to participate in the changes happening right now. Help us do our work so that the changes might involve fewer scars, if possible!
Image courtesy of creative commons: Dystopos
The Moon is in Gemini today, square to Neptune and about to conjoin Venus in Gemini. Meanwhile, Mercury is about to conjoin Mars in Taurus as both are trine to Pluto in Capricorn.
Here's what to watch for:
* Deception, lies, misinformation, excuses, gossip, smoke and mirrors, secretive communication, blurred boundaries in love (Venus in Gemini square to Neptune in Pisces)
* Dealing with crazy people, being a crazy person, what seems crazy isn't so crazy, weepy, teary, mental/emotional haziness or blurred perceptions (Venus square Neptune)
* People trying to take something from you, seduction, vampires, leaky vessels, (Venus square Neptune)
* Elevated thoughts, poetry, other worldly insights or dreams that speak or give answers (Venus square Neptune)
* Bisexual/androgynous/shape-shifting (Venus square Neptune)
* Sacred scriptures, sexuality (Venus square Neptune)
* Combative communication (Mercury conjunction Mars)
* Explosive communication dynamics over something seemingly simple (Mercury conj Mars and trine Pluto)
* Work and productiveness on the brain (Mercury/Mars in Taurus)
* A reading or writing project (Mercury/Mars in Taurus)
* Sexual curiosity, deviancy, loneliness, imagination, boredom (Venus in Gemini square to Neptune in Pisces)
* Springtime desires, appetite, pleasure, simplicity, (Sun in Taurus)
* Spring cleaning, dreaming, napping (Sun in Taurus)
Some gentler transits at the moment...potentially a nice recuperation phase after eclipse season. For now it's good to focus on working slowly but steadily toward the list of goals or plans we've made. There is an atmosphere of both productivity and steadfastness around us right now, but there's also some letting go that is still being done and we can't just hop over the work of truly embracing what's recently manifested in our lives.
Prayer: May the graces guide us toward the most divine realization of our intentions...the place where our intentions become perfected and revisioned by the will of the gods.
image courtesy of creative commons: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mara_earthlight/
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.