Venus is just about to enter Libra and move from the sign of its depression or fall and into its home sign. Just as Venus enters Libra it will also square Saturn in Capricorn between now and August 9th.
Here's what to watch for:
* You may notice that Venus related things suddenly improve or receive a boost. For example, self-esteem sometimes improves, or you may notice that you are feeling attractive again, etc. On the other hand, relationship dynamics may improve, featuring more grace, flow, ease, tact, and diplomacy, and less strain, tension, mental analysis or strife, pickiness, dryness, etc. You may also notice that where things have been dry and not growing or developing easily that there is growth, confirmation, support, abundance, etc. All of this has to do with the very basic idea that Venus is moving into a sign that is more conducive to her own significations. Libra is an air sign, sanguine, or warm and moist in nature, which is suited to Venus' natural warm/moist qualities.
* Libra is a social/air sign, sometimes called "humane," which means that Venus in Libra tends to bring growth, confirmation, support, and harmony to things through social and relational connections.
* Venus in Libra's shadow side is sometimes vanity, superficiality, elitism, obnoxious pc politeness, etc.
* Venus' entrance into Libra also reflects themes of justice, beauty, intelligence, truth, balance, sophistication, harmony, and discernment. However, the blindfold of lady justice has always suggested that truth, wisdom, and justice, are blind. This means that the truth isn't about superficial appearances or the whims of our ego or our subjective tastes. Truth is objective, like the straight lines of a perfect triangle, existing in an ideal world of shapes and numbers. On the other hand, one of the classic challenges for Librans often involves making difficult choices where our own subjective input is required, where there isn't a perfect or ideal solution, and where the scales must be tipped a little. The shadow of Libra is, therefore, the iron hand in the velvet glove...the cold inhumanness that may lurk below the surface of our beautiful "ideals."
* As soon as Venus enters Libra it enters into a square with Saturn in Capricorn. Though there are some potential challenges that come with this transit, it's also a wonderful time for creating deeper commitments, for changing or modifying commitments, for leaving relationships or professional partnerships that are no longer working or to find new ones that offer a more solid container or more mature vessel for the road ahead.
* Venus and Saturn represent that which ages like a fine wine. They also reflect the maturing of something beautiful, of a relationship, of a public image, of one's aesthetic or style, of one's knowledge or communication, etc.
* Venus and Saturn reflect the beauty, wisdom, and knowledge of the feminine, of grandmothers and of the crone.
* Venus and Saturn also represent the resistance that an aging woman has to the process of releasing their youth, to let younger women flourish or succeed, to meet the commitments of old age gracefully, etc. This is due to the strain Venus (goddess) feels in the face of Saturn (age/time/responsibilities/constraints/wisdom), but Venus may represent anyone, really, facing the same struggles or challenges.
* Venus and Saturn may also represent relational constraints or severity, rigidity, and contractive qualities. Venus and Saturn is the rigidity behind and within one's vanity...the controlling and anal retentive qualities found within our needing or having to look perfect, speak perfectly, be perfectly just, fair, or balanced.
* Venus and Saturn may withhold love with a kiss and a wink.
* Venus and Saturn may also indicate a rigid or unyielding position that one takes up by using someone or something that appears noble, beautiful, just, or intelligent. Beware of those who are constantly offering things only to withhold, withholding things while acting as though they are giving, etc.
* Most of the time, petty conflicts with others aren't worth our time for one simple reason: people don't usually change their positions, are not willing to self-reflect, and aren't open to really hearing about their own faults or flaws within the context of an argument or recurring conflict. Our patience with other people's dysfunction is just as necessary as the level of patience we must demonstrate with our own flaws. When we expect less of people, it's not that we are abandoning anyone or being abandoned, it's not that we should act superficially or pretend to accept something we can't accept, it's just that we recognize, over and over again, that we don't change anyone or anything by focusing on our flaws. Instead, we change by focusing our heart on the ever-present and overflowing source of divine love, living in ourselves, and living in everyone, everywhere. When we have eyes to see the divine in everything, when we focus on cultivating this kind of vision, faults fall apart just as readily as we fall back to the holy ground, soft heart, open mind, and one simple request back on our lips, like it never left, like it's our only birthright: "How can I serve?"
Prayer: Refine our commitments, deepen the beauty of our burdens, and age us in the splendor of your service.
The Sun is moving into a trine with Jupiter over the next few days, just as Venus is moving through a square with Saturn.
Here's what to watch for, but first, an "astrology story."
Yesterday, as Mars made a trine with Uranus and just after Jupiter had turned retrograde in Scorpio I finally "decided" to call an electrician to come to our house to fix a broken outlet. He found the problem within another nearby outlet, right next to our garbage disposal switch, and fixed it very easily. However, hours after he left, the garbage disposal blades fell out of place and started chunking around at high speed inside the sink. In fact, the blades first fell out and stopped working months ago, and we had them "fixed," but now as Jupiter has turned retrograde in Scorpio the disposal is broken again (Scorpio is a water sign related to the organs of evacuation!). The funny thing is that I sat there watching the electrician fix the outlets thinking, "BAM. Cross that off the old adult homeowner list. One more thing I've fixed, taken care of, don't have to worry about, etc." But life has a way of continuing to break down and require maintenance beyond our control...and so very quickly and unexpectedly the broken disposal blades (Mars in Jupiter's sign while Jupiter is in Mars' sign) ironically chopped up, drained, and "disposed" of my pride. Isn't astrology cool?! :) And instructive if we manage to pay close attention!
Okay, so here's what to watch for with Venus square Saturn and the Sun trine Jupiter:
* Struggling between principles and beauty...shouldn't they go together? If something is true and good, isn't it okay for it to be beautiful and attractive to our senses as well? How do the two go together?
* Elder women, grandmothers, the heroes of feminism
* Learning to control or work constructively with sexual energy, desire, attraction, etc.
* Leaving someone, abandoning or feeling abandoned
* Isolation, loneliness, independence
* Something dirty or broken that needs fixing or beautifying
* Restraint of affection or withholding something
* Simpler, more economical, frugal
* Taming something with patience but finding reciprocation or being surprised by intimacy in the process...what starts with the desire to get something under "control" leads to tenderness
* People in authority or power and their representatives, ambassadors, or messengers helping them
* A dawning sense of understanding, confirmation, support, and encouragement
* The feeling of a new beginning, or an expanded sense of awareness, insight, or vision
* Forgiveness, compassion, and the feeling of starting over or coming home again
* A ray of sunshine comes to help, a messenger of the Sun
* Happiness and wisdom combined
* A gentle holding back, revising or rethinking
* An expanded or enlarged ego, pride, or vanity...sentimentalism, or grand notions rooted in self interest
With the Sun and Jupiter coming into a trine just as Venus and Saturn are square to one another, we are being offered an opportunity to heal or mend what has been broken, through faith, kindness, and understanding rather than control, harshness, severity, or competition. Have you ever gotten to a place in the midst of a conflict with someone, or something, maybe something within yourself, where you suddenly see past the conflict? In some rare moment, a smile without reason appears. It's as though the clouds break, a warm breeze sets in, and suddenly you remember something unspeakably benevolent? Most of our problems cannot be solved by logic, reason, control, or negotiation so long as the desired outcomes are rooted in opposing egos or wills. Whatever temporary solutions we arrive at from this place will be colored by a level of repressed conflict that is sure to arise later. Whereas, when we approach our conflicts from the heart...when we locate that place of hidden majesty first...then our logic and our planning and negotiating, our contrary wills and all the opposing forces, cohere in service to something that exists before and after the conflict.
Prayer: Help us to develop the good habit of looking for you before we begin trying to solve our problems and again after we think we have solved them. Bless us with your peace, and give us minds filled with the subjects of your love.
Mercury and Venus are moving through squares to Saturn right now...
Here's what to watch for:
* Doubt, uncertainty, skepticism, hesitancy
* Criticism, careful or methodical thinking, harshness
* The need or desire to slow down, to backtrack or to reconsider
* Meeting an impasse in negotiating or seeing a red flag that makes you stop and wonder whether or not you're making the right choice
* Punitive or judgmental language
* Mental blocks
* Getting caught up in self-doubt, negative self-talk, or rigid thinking
* Unable to recognize the forest from the trees
* Disciplined, committed thinking
* A declaration of intent
* Careful investigation
* Research methodologies
Add Venus to the mix:
* Criticism in relationships
* Older/fierce women
* The way that austerity sometimes hardens the heart
* Principles and how they open or close avenues of communication and open exchange
* Struggling to be kind and principled at once
* Women in authority, women being kept or blocked from positions of authority
* The conflicting interests of egos, and traditional authority figures, structures, etc.
* Hasty or impulsive relationship commitments
* Doubting the choice to love or enter into a deeper relationship with someone or something
* Beauty and ugliness...beauty, of some kind, as a necessary component of what makes something worth committing to
* Clashes of value or principle within organizations or traditions
As we are growing in our spiritual life we will always come to periods of doubt, conflict, and uncertainty. During these times there are a few daring things we might try to remember:
* When in doubt, we can be honest with ourselves about it. We don't have to be in a hurry to try and solve or resolve our doubts
* When we are in doubt it's often because we are moving into concern for our ego's position or stake in the matter rather than focusing on the ego's role as a temporary servant
* When we are in doubt it's often because we aren't remembering our practices...
* Doubt is a natural part of the deepening of real intimacy...if we had perfect, real intimacy with God all the time, there would be no need for practice...faith-based practices from all around the world are rooted in the recognition that faith takes practice specifically because the tendency of the mind is to stay stuck in self-interest, whose natural bi-product is doubt
* When we learn how to work through doubts in spiritual life, it becomes easier to work through them with greater intelligence and heart in all different areas of life...
Venus and Mercury in Aries square to Saturn in Capricorn may tempt us to put principles or self-interest above tenderness and heart-centered devotion. It's so easy to interpret anything and everything as an offense these days. We therefore frequently miss opportunities to grow or opportunities to receive correction or instruction from our experiences. It's also very easy to be so committed to our ideas or the righteousness of our personal position or history that we fail to see the person or situation before us as divine...a blessing, a message, a gift.
Prayer: May we learn to see our doubts and fears as gifts, holy invitations to return to faithful devotion. Fill us with trust that everything comes from and returns to you, even our doubts. Give us ears to listen. And may we learn to see one another, beyond the intensity of our temporary strongholds.
Both the Moon and the Sun are in Venus' sign this weekend as Venus moves into a square with Saturn.
Here's what to watch for:
* Challenges to women and women's health
* Younger women approaching older men
* Intergenerational love affairs
* Ideological conflicts within relationships
* Intergenerational dialogue, debate
* The subject of beliefs and how they spark or dampen the flame of love, romance, friendship, etc.
* Deepening commitment, fear of commitment, betrayal of commitments
* Refining one's lifestyle choices, sacrificing or eliminating unhealthy or unclean patterns
* Abandonment, being abandoned, abandoning others through neglect, preoccupation with one's self, cold-heartedness
* Picking things or people apart
* Separation, divorce, hard or difficult realizations about relationships of all kinds
* Being cornered, trapped, or pursued by someone or something that desires you but also wants to control you (Venus is currently "enclosed" by Mars and Saturn).
* Being put into a situation that is very difficult, where ethics, boundaries, or honesty becomes challenging, or it becomes challenging to hold one's ground, stay rooted in one's sense of truth, one's integrity, one's own views or independent thoughts, etc.
* Struggling to break free from opposing forces, one that is highly impulsive the other too rigid.
* It's also important to note that Venus is in her fall right now, in Mercury's sign, whilst Mercury is badly combust the Sun in libra. This Venus is sandwiched into a difficult situation and may find it difficult to speak, act, or think for herself, since her host Mercury, the mind, is being consumed by the Sun, the picture of a leader, man, judge, husband, elder, father, etc. Or Venus may feel triangulated somehow between two images of herself or two images of a significant other or of relationship in general.
* The important thing to remember is that Venus is seeking union between unlike things, and her pathway is to seek for unity or harmony rather than having to separate, divide, isolate, abandon or betray.
* However, sometimes Venus wants it all, and there are also important moral, spiritual, ethical, and integral decisions to be made right now. What is the truth? What is right? If we compromise these things just for the sake of looking nice or making other people feel nice about something, then we are potentially betraying ourselves, or betraying someone close to us.
The picture of Venus enclosed by the malefics, in her fall, with her host combust the Sun will turn as Venus passes through this gateway and Mercury becomes cazimi. She will become empowered and clear-minded, and soon will return to her rulership in Libra.
Meanwhile, let's also not forget that Jupiter is about to undergo a significant change. Jupiter will enter Scorpio as Jupiter also makes the transformation from evening star to Morningstar over the next few months. We'll look at this in the days ahead!
Prayer: Teach us the fidelity of mind, body, heart, and spirit, so that we might invite only those relationships or unions that support the increase and steady glow of divinity within.
Venus and Mars are both moving into a square with Saturn over the next few days and the Sun is moving into a square with Pluto.
Here's what to watch for:
* Refining your taste
* Commitment phobias
* Deepening our commitment
* Boredom in love
* Sexual frustration
* Sexuality and ideology
* Sexuality and confinement
* Sex and harshness
* Lust and restraint
* Desire and the word "no"
* Teasing, tempting down the walls or barriers to love, affection, sex, either appropriately or inappropriately
* Betrayal, infidelity, adultery
* Cementing the legacy of a relationship
* Maturity and love, age and love, generational lessons and love
* Loneliness and lust
* Restraining our appetite
* Saving rather than spending or the battle between the two amplified
* Purity and cleanliness vs obsessiveness and self-harm
* The structure or form of art, literature, film, etc
* A creative project taking shape
* A new style or design crystalizing
* Hard work and discipline
* Impulse and restraint
* The drive to finish, achieve and focus
* The frustration of our will
* Actions and consequences
* Taking responsibility for actions
* Gutting it out
* Refining our actions
* A strategy, a plan, serious, and sober
* Muscle, war, competition, bravery, meets maturity, wisdom, conservatism
* The aged warrior and the young warrior
* The young recruit
* The picture of someone old or set in their ways being forced to consider something different by someone younger, faster, more impulsive, etc
* Explosiveness due to energy trying to be contained or controlled
* Men, leaders, and the underworld
* The death or downfall of men or leaders or fathers
* The dark lord exposed, called out to the light of day
* Judgment and justice with volcanic force
* Eruptions of unconscious material
* The scales tipping the other way
* Karma and the undeniable connections of karma made manifest in strange ways
* What is simple, beautiful, sophisticated, wealthy or luxurious in appearance is exposed for something deeper, darker, more obsessive or dangerous on the inside
* A powerful and regenerative turn of events
We will keep our eye on all three of these transits over the weekend!
Prayer: Bring us back to what matters. If we've lost our way, if we've strayed from the path, if we can't find the strength to bring ourselves back, then help us do what we cannot do alone.
Venus is perfecting its square to Saturn today, and from here it will finally start separating and moving forward.
Things we might hear ourselves thinking, saying, or seeing when it comes to relationships...
* That person won't take "no" for an answer...
* I'm in love with someone who never shows me affection
* I'm bored in this relationship
* This relationship is ending
* What a joy killer
* There needs to be mutual respect, it goes both ways
* This relationship is getting more serious
* This person has no sense of humor
* This ally isn't really an ally
* This person doesn't want to see me succeed...but why?
* I'm married to someone who is married to their job
* We're growing more mature in our love
* This person is always dominating everything
* This friend isn't really a friend
* This person that acts so holy is actually a jerk
* I don't ever want this person I love to die
* Pain is part of how love grows
* It's hard to be in love with someone who doesn't have a relationship with anything transcendent or outside of themselves
* Love requires sacrifice
* My kindness has been taken advantage of
* I'm being accused of something unfairly
* I'm ready to compromise, are you?
* Jealousy from a friend hurts
* I'm lonely in this love
* Love should be fun
* I'm separated from my lover
* Love requires great trust
* Love shouldn't be too methodical
* Art and beauty need form and structure
* This person I'm with lacks faith
* Relationships should be built upon shared values and principles
* My colleague is trying to block or thwart me
* Women should be respected in the work place
* No distractions
* Love should respect boundaries
* I'm going to limit my diet, my pleasure, my appetite in order to perform at a higher level
The list could go on...but each of these statements reflects the core themes of Venus and Saturn as they interact within the conflict and tension of a square. Remember that squares can be productive...but the tension is part of it!
Prayer: Heal our hearts, deepen our bonds, and hold us together with affection and warmth.
Venus is stationed today and will begin moving direct again tomorrow.
Here's what to watch for:
* When Venus stations, whether direct or retrograde, it's normal to see breakdowns, delays, or standstills in relationships, negotiations, diplomacy, and love. The difference between a station to retrograde versus a station to turn direct is that usually a station to turn direct will bring an improvement in relations or a turn for the better, especially after a period of delay or after a period of turmoil or difficult in relationships.
* The big catch in this normally auspicious situation is the fact that for another couple of weeks Venus will be slowly moving back through her square to Saturn, which means that the turnaround process for difficulties we may be experiencing in relationships might have a few more hurdles left to jump. The good news is of course that with Venus moving direct it's likely that these last hurdles will bring compromises and forward movement where things have been stuck or horn-locked. Sometimes this kind of progress involves letting go, leaving behind, or even losing certain relationships. For example, "we tried, but in the end we have to move on because it's easier for everyone," or "everyone realizes that nobody is going to budge so let's leave this alone."
* Venus turning direct might also mean that where we've been experiencing some kind of artistic or creative frustration, progress is slowly going to return again.
* Venus direct might mean that we're undergoing some kind of makeover or that some aspect of our work or relationships are undergoing a kind of aesthetic transformation.
* Venus turning direct in square to Saturn might also mean that where we've been holding ourselves back, training or restraining our desires, that our efforts are finally gaining traction. On the other hand if we've been restrained or held back from our desires or passions by some element of duty or responsibility we may now be experiencing some sense of relief or liberation from those duties and constraints.
* Venus turning direct in square to Saturn might mean a return to best practices, or it might involve setting or maintaining healthy boundaries in all different kinds of relationships.
* Venus squaring Saturn brings seriousness, commitment, gravity, weight, and maturity to all different kinds of relationships.
* Venus turning direct might reflect an important rite of passage, change, or symbolic death in friendships, alliances, relationships, and love.
Prayer: Teach us to forgive, to mend, to heal, to reach out, to understand...to live for more than our sense of rightness.
What a week of astrological transits we have in front of us...
Here's what to watch for:
* Over the next week + the Sun will oppose Jupiter, square Pluto, and conjoin Uranus.
* Over the next week Saturn will station and turn retrograde
* In a little over a week Venus will station and turn direct
* In the next week Venus will exactly square Saturn and then station and slowly turn direct while Saturn is doing the same thing, making for a kind of ongoing standoff between the two planets all month.
* It's first quarter Moon today.
* In the next week Mercury will station and turn retrograde.
* In the next week we'll have a full moon activating the t-square.
WHAAAA! That's a lot to take in. Here are some big themes to watch for...
* As the Sun enters the t-square you may feel inspired, bold, courageous, and determined. Taking actions, entering the fray, and pushing your agenda forward may come naturally. However, whatever the Sun's agenda might represent, it's sure to be met with challenges from people who make the rules, bend the rules, or simply don't like your energy, charisma, or gusto. Challenges to our authority and determination are always a call to reflect a little more before we react, strategize rather than bulldoze our way through, and to check in and understand our own personal motivations.
* In a mundane sense, we are likely to see heads of state, leaders, people in power, or people with the power to judge or decide things entering into a time of turmoil, change, and challenge. It's a time where we might see heroes emerging to challenge the unfairness or corruption of something, as well as the continued attempts by people in power to bully and dominate as a way of advancing their agendas. More on this in the days to come!
* Venus and Saturn stationing and entering into a month long stand-off, alongside of a Mercury retrograde, has the look and feel of a diplomatic or relational standoff. In both our personal lives and the political world, watch as we encounter all manner of obstructions to harmony. But for a more detailed analysis of Venus/Saturn check out yesterday's horoscope here (http://www.nightlightastrology.com/…/a-long-venussaturn-squ…).
* Mercury's upcoming retrograde will also eventually conclude with Mercury stationing to turn direct in a conjunction with Uranus as the morning star. Mercury is about to delve into the underworld only to eventually emerge bright, strong, and with a groundbreaking announcement, piece of information, idea, epiphany, invention, or breakthrough to share with you and with the world. In the meantime, as Mercury stations in the next week we should expect to see the typical Mercury station themes: breakdowns, blips, and Freudian slips, delays, distortions, and misunderstandings, specifically in communication or travel or transit or information, or synchronistic events, conversations, communication, information and ideas. Mercury's station to retrograde also brings the beginning of an inner period of revision, recollection, and transformation, usually in terms of our mind, thoughts, and patterns of communication or organization, etc.
* Today the first quarter Moon points to a moment of tension, creative conflict, and energetic breakthrough. First quarter Moons usually give us a very good sense of what themes and issues, what people and conversations, which themes, struggles, lessons, and joys will be pronounced for the rest of the cycle, or at least through the Full Moon. This is true for us personally as well as in relationship to things happening in the collective.
Prayer: Teach us to feel the weight and wisdom of history, but let us stay as ethereal as the cycles of the planets and their ever-dancing lights.
Happy New Moon Everyone! We're now entering eclipse season with this new cycle.
Tonight around 7:00 pm eastern the Moon will conjoin the Sun and start a new cycle.
Here's what to watch for:
* Venus and Saturn are still square, so watch for all kinds of challenges or limitations or serious/commitment developments related to love and relationships, design and style, aesthetics and sexuality, women and all things feminine. Saturn is acting as a potentially repressive/oppressive force right now and though the transit is just starting to fade, Venus will return to this square with Saturn in April through her retrograde. So the feuds, challenges, setbacks, hostilities, blocks, or choices we're encountering right now will potentially continue to play out, or have a larger narrative arc than we're currently anticipating.
* Mars is just about to enter Aries, tomorrow, and will press toward a square with Pluto, opposition to Jupiter, and conjunction with Uranus. All of these revolutionary planetary dynamics we're seeing play out in US and Global politics right now will be tremendously intensified next month as these Mars transits play out and we also move into eclipse season (starting with a Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse this month and carrying over into the New Moon/Solar Eclipse of next).
* Mercury is heading toward a conjunction with Pluto. Watch for depth, power, revelation, healing, purging, transformation, intensity, darkness, and disclosure related to all things Mercury: communication, the mind/intellect, speech, negotiations, travel, technology, ideas, messengers, etc.
For today, note that this New Moon is taking place in a whole sign trine to Jupiter in Libra. Despite some of the challenges ahead, it's a good day to plant the seeds of a new intention. Remember that the constellation/sign of Aquarius was long ago related to some of the earliest Spring rains. It's a good day to turn the page and start a new chapter...let spring be on your mind and heart, even now in the midst of astrological winter.
Prayer: Bless us with a new vision and help us to begin preparing the ground for a new season of life.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.