Things that come to your mind when Mars is squaring Pluto but Venus and Jupiter are trine to Neptune:
* I might actually really love this person I also hate right now
* This is awful...and, maybe exactly what I needed?
* Jesus...do. not. mess. with. the. ladies. right. now....RISEEEE UP!
* I'm a horrible human being...god, I'm relieved to know for sure, feels like I can turn over a new leaf now that it's official
* People are really out to get others right now, I might want someone to get me, too? Does that even make sense?
* I have the desire to go nuclear on facebook about something, but maybe I'll just visualize it instead and then eat something ridiculous
* You just wait....you think you've just taken me down (whoever you might be), LIKE OBI WAN YOUVE JUST MADE ME STRONGER FOOL
* Inner voice after seeing latest headlines, "God, you can really just set your astrological clock to these public shootings and sex scandals these days. It would be so much cooler if it didn't keep involving assault rifles and murder, though."
* I actually don't believe that anything is progressing or evolving...it feels good to say it...in fact, it might be the most evolved thing I've thought, like ever....now, should I eat something chocolatey or does this new realization mean I should stop eating sugar?
* We're all feeling so inspired and positive that I think we could have a real throw down and all come out happy about it right now, right?
* Everything good that's happening is totally just setting me up for a sucker punch. Well, at least I'll see it coming. Wait, so astrology can actually help you see a sucker punch? Hmmm. Is it possible to punch back?
* God, I keep almost getting into accidents or shitty situations but then magically getting saved at the last second. I think God definitely plays dice with the universe. God, if you're there, I'm good to cash out whenever.
Prayer: Give us a cosmic sense of humor. Teach us to punch back with laughter, trust, and faith.
Mercury is opposite Neptune and about to turn retrograde, while Venus is trine to Neptune.
An I Ching Meditation:
* The 31st hexagram is called "attraction," but it is also called "influence," or "wooing," or "conjoining," or "influencing to action," or "seeking union," or "persuasion," or even "courting response."
* The image shows a lake atop a mountain. The image is, therefore, one of joyful openness amidst unshakable firmness.
* The teaching of the hexagram has to do with the kind of action or initiative we take with others that will lead to union or harmony versus those we take that will lead to fragmentation.
* The hexagram shows a man placing himself below a woman in a courtship dynamic, showing his intention, not hiding his desire, but holding it with simple and non-advancing or aggressive affection.
* The hexagram teaches us that we cannot convince someone, cannot lead someone, cannot win someone, to us or our point of view or desires if the initiative doesn't coincide with the right timing, simple affection, cheerfulness, and non-aggression.
* We cannot manipulate, guilt, shame, or argue someone to our side and expect the fruit of that accomplishment to not turn sour and bitter over time.
* We should also recognize that reason cannot be used to talk someone out of a position that they didn't use reason to get into in the first place.
* Reason isn't the measure of everything, but "everything and anything," cannot be the measure of reason.
* Rather than thinking of the male subordinating himself to the female in this hexagram, we can think of male and female in terms of two energy dynamics that exist within all of us, regardless of sex or gender. There is one that seeks enjoyment, and there is one that provides enjoyment. The perfect union of the two occurs when the two are able to switch sides, gracefully, and to also learn as the dance continues that both the giving and the receiving are equally pleasurable. We learn to be held together in the love that is equally powerful whether we're giving it or receiving it. Hexagram 31 teaches us the need to put ourselves into the role of service or to become the one giving the pleasure to the object of our desire, rather than to aggressively pursue pleasure FROM the object of our desire. If we want a lasting union, then we have to learn to serve that which we desire, with cheerful, nonaggressive, affection. In time, the I Ching teaches us, this will lead to the object of our desire serving us, as well.
* The second line shows a man whose shaking knee gives away his desire. When he recognizes that his knee is shaking, he had better not follow the urge to rush after the object of his desire. He had better calm himself, find pleasure in his desire to serve, relax, and return to cheerful affection for what he desires.
* The changed hexagram is #48, the well. The city can be changed around, but the location of the well cannot.
* Two teachings here within the context of this sequence.
* One: whatever we desire in life, whatever we court or pursue, is generally a part of the changing web of our desires. These things will change, they will come to be and pass away, but the deeper well that feeds us, that we draw from, is inexhaustible. So in some sense, having to strategize at ALL, about how to pursue or court something, is shown here in contrast to the need we have for something inexhaustible and unmoveable.
* Two: whatever we may achieve in our relationships or worldly desires, whatever fruits we may enjoy, if we are following the teachings above then we will mirror in our relationships and in our pursuits of what we desire the deeper wellspring of what gives and sustains all desire and pleasure in the first place. In other words, real courtship involves ongoing service to the objects of our desire, and this isn't just a strategy for getting what you want, it's a secret about what perpetually sustains all giving and receiving, endlessly. The city may change and live and die again day after day, but the well cannot be moved.
* When it comes to the Mercury opposite Neptune transit, with Venus trine to Neptune, we are looking at desire, as well as how we communicate our desire. We are looking at differing or conflicting desires, ideas, beliefs, or feelings, and how to reconcile them when they disagree.
* Desires are often lonely when we forget how to serve what we desire rather than demanding what we desire to serve us.
* Desires can cloud our thinking and our communicating with others... when we see others as the object of our desire, or the means by which we may satiate our desires, or when we feel the need to convert people to enjoy what we enjoy.
* Affection and cheerfulness and service remind us that this thing that we want is temporary and therefore the spirit in which we go about pursuing anything we desire is always more important, more lasting, more firm, more enduring, more supportive, more nourishing, and more loving, than whatever temporary desire we satiate.
* It's not that we shouldn't have desires or that satiation of desires is bad...it's that we so often miss the opportunity to be in service to the object of our desire, which as it turns out is what makes anything both desirable and enjoyable in the first place.
* The object of our desire serves us when we serve it.
Prayer: Teach us to serve those things we desire, with cheerful, steadfast, devotion.
As Mercury and Neptune are making an opposition, the Sun is making a sextile to Jupiter today, and Venus is moving into a trine with Neptune.
Let's take a look:
Mercury/Neptune and Venus/Neptune
* What we say when we're not in our right mind
* What is true when we're not in our right mind
* The slow deterioration of the mind, the facts, the truth
* A challenge to our perception
* Messages from beyond
* The boredom behind the glamour
* The mundane realities of spiritual commitment
* The true believer
* Gurus and women
* Women and spiritual leadership
* Women, water, and healing
* Women and challenges to authority
* Women and communication
* The role of the goddess within organizations
* How does the mind say no to what is familiar, cozy, safe, warm, but perhaps ultimately not good for us?
* Family and Religion
* To silently serve, to quietly attend to the needs of others, to feel deeply devoted or in love but to keep one's adoration a secret
* Intoxicated accusations
* Truth, rationality, mysticism, fact, and religious experience
* The healing of the mind
* Tenderness and tolerance
* Hope for the best, prepare for the worst
* Forgiving the rigid mind
* Real listening
* Training the mind to a higher state of devotion
* Love and what we say, whether it is true or false, real or unreal when we're in love
* Intelligence and the needs we have for intelligence in love
* Love and differences of belief
Meanwhile, the Sun and Jupiter are sextile today
* Courage, loyalty, truth, and justice
* Living for our virtues, the noble heart
* Encouragement of our faith
* Power and privilege
* Leaders and favoritism
* Leaders and accountability by higher standards of justice
* Benefits or support from powerful people
* The feeling of trust, the desire to do good, to help and heal
* The truth that liberates or sets free
* The truth that holds power accountable
* A vote of confidence from someone we admire, trust, or need the support of
* Overdoing something, overconfident, vanity and militancy
* Understanding karma, karmic patterns, a glimpse into cosmic justice
* Living with only the appearance of purpose vs living with purpose
* Men, heart health, back health, spine health
* Discerning the truth and being empowered to stand in it
Prayer: Teach us to have big hearts, and teach us to pray without ceasing. Teach us to have courage, and to love by living in service to others.
The Moon is in Pisces today, applying to conjoin Neptune in Pisces by later this afternoon. Meanwhile, Mars has entered Gemini and is about to oppose Saturn in Sagittarius, while Venus in Cancer is steadily applying to oppose Pluto in Capricorn.
What to watch for:
* Flaking out, dreamy, romantic, escapist, delusional, imaginative, victimy, private, needy, sweet, moods and atmospheres (Moon/Neptune Pisces + Venus in Cancer)
* A family crisis or transformation brewing (Venus in Cancer moving to oppose Pluto in Capricorn)
* Conflicts with authority, my way or the highway, rules and respect, tradition, deviance, trickery, clashes of opinion, philosophy, ideology (Mars in Gemini opposite Saturn in Sagittarius)
* Sacrifice...what to sacrifice, how much or how little, why and for what, and the difference between transformation and losing ourselves (Neptune/Saturn/Mercury t-square)
* Words, language, communication, and learning more skill or tact when we feel angry (Mars in Gemini opp Saturn in Sagittarius)
* Projects, discipline, masculinity, restriction, muscle, mental battles, and focus (Mars opp Saturn)
* Taking our time, slowing down (Mars opp Saturn)
* A crossroads in a relationship because of a conflict of opinions or philosophies (Venus about to square the nodes, as ruler of north node, while Mars in Gemini opposes Saturn in Sagittarius)
* Getting taken advantage of in relationships or offering support to others, a fine line between the two (Venus trine Neptune)
* Selfishness with a history of mental defiance (south node in Aries with Mars in Gemini)
* Sudden, rapid, unexpected success, grandiosity, pride, ego inflation, victory, achievement, luck, and enhanced personal prestige or power (Jupiter in Leo trining Uranus in Aries)
* Technology or communication breakdowns, slow downs, confusions, mess ups, problems, or set backs (Mercury slowing down to station)
* Revising, editing, or negotiating a form of communication, a contract, an agreement (Mercury slowing down to station)
Prayer: Help us to move through this philosophical and communicative challenge slowly, mindfully, and openly...as much as we find our truth, let the truth of those we love find us.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.