Here is what to watch for:
* For the past year, you can imagine that Jupiter has been like a guest in the home of Mars. So, Jupiter has been relying on Mars to fulfill its needs, requests, and desires.
* Jupiter's natural desires are for expansion, wisdom, abundance, faith, hope, growth, breadth of vision, good fortune, blessings, bigness, grandiosity, etc.
* Mars has therefore been addressing Jupiter's needs, attempting to help Jupiter through his own natural significations: cutting, war, violence, depth, intensity, desire, competition, bravery, battle, severing, driving, muscle, confrontation, risk, incisiveness, etc.
* It's therefore been a growth by confrontation kind of year. A wisdom through confrontation kind of year. A development of faith through encounters with battle, with severing, with risk, intensity, and courage kind of year.
* Now, Jupiter is moving signs and entering its own home sign. Cue sigh of relief. Jupiter its own sign is like you or me coming back into our own home. When you're in your own home, you no longer have to rely on your host because you ARE the host. You may have to address the needs of the other wanderers (planets) moving through your home, but in terms of your own needs, you're set. You know where the refrigerator is, where your clothes and toothbrush are, and which pillow is your favorite to sleep with!
* Jupiter in its own sign, in other words, can more effectively meet its own needs and expresses itself more comfortably. Jupiter in Sagittarius is, therefore, a year where growth, the bigness or broadness of vision, abundance, faith, and optimism, are coming in more direct and immediate ways. The desire is satisfied more easily and more directly.
* The last time Jupiter was in Sagittarius it was between the fall of 2006 and the fall of 2007. Go back to that time in your life and you may get a feeling for the excitement and enthusiasm that is returning!
* Remember, of course, Jupiter's placement in your natal chart is highly specific and so there could still be some challenges. It's not as though Jupiter is ONLY going to indicate positive, exciting things in the year ahead. For example, Jupiter in the 4th house sometimes brings new babies or a new home, but it can also signify karmic justice (think Zeus' thunderbolts) related to family karma. The big difference is that Jupiter is acting far more like himself in Sagittarius than he can from Scorpio, which, generally speaking, given Jupiter's status as the greater benefic, is exciting!
* It's a great time to learn or to develop a new course of study, to expand one's mind or one's horizons through traveling or through the development of one's spiritual life. It's also a time where a sense of faith, hope, and passion may return, or you may feel a renewed sense of optimism bubbling up within you.
* Over the next few days, I will make a few more videos, covering the same topic in greater depth. So consider this just a preview!
Prayer: Renew our faith and our hope, broaden our minds as you open our hearts, and give us the opportunity to serve your loving mission in the world with even greater enthusiasm!