Here's what to watch for:
* Anger, militarism, pushing to get our way
* Pride, arrogance, conceit, and exaggeration
* Success, victory, the big deal, the big win
* The attachment to success
* Posturing, muscling up, showing off
* The attempt to coerce, convince, or manipulate someone's goodness, virtue, success, or resources
* The guilty purchase, perhaps made in response to a weakness or failing
* Hard work, sweat, and effort pay off
* The feeling of failure and the call to overcome weaknesses
* Actions that breed great results, negative and positive, and the sense of justice, fairness, or karmic balancing
* The tendency to overdo something in response to a shortcoming
* The pride of failure
* To right a wrong
* The feeling of momentum building in our favor
* The question about what or who is deserving of what
* The big flop, the big fail
* Embarrassment through overcompensation
* Strength, pride, determination, and success
* Taken to task
* Military action, confrontation, saber rattling
* An older military man is promoted or put in charge of the army
* A veteran warrior's wisdom or late life insights
* Finding deep resources for fighting or dealing with a challenge
* Feeling invaded by or inundated or flooded by someone or something, perhaps an inner pattern, perhaps anger, irritation, or frustration, and needing to make a swift and appropriate response
* Calling upon the wise leader within when dealing with a sudden onslaught of overwhelming energy, tasks, to-dos, or when feeling triggered
* The wild, emotional driven powers of the martial temperament, restrained or held in check by powers of reason, maturity, wisdom, and temperance.
Sometimes the only way to learn something (Jupiter in Libra) is to get in over our heads, to lose our cool, to act out from a place of immaturity or emotional impulsiveness (Mars in Cancer), and for our actions to then create consequences that teach us the lesson we need to learn. We can't become a seasoned war veteran in the game of life without making mistakes and suffering consequences. At the same time, when we're in over our heads with something, calling on someone wiser than ourselves to help or assist us is a sign of strength, not weakness.
Real success is the success we find when we allow our will to be shaped, subdued, led, humbled, and strengthened by forces greater than us. We seek these greater and wiser, guiding forces specifically when we recognize that our typical use of "free will" is mostly shaped or co-opted by forces we pretend to be in control of.
Prayer: Show us with gentleness the roots of the will that is no longer serving us, and lead us to the will and way of love.