A couple of things are happening today that are all worth our attention. One, Mercury is entering the sign of his rulership and exaltation in Virgo. Two, both Mars and Jupiter are culminating in Cancer and Leo.
Here's what to watch for from Mercury, Mars, and Jupiter as they change signs:
* A strengthening in terms of all things symbolized or signified by Mercury: communication, organization, administration, detail work, cleanliness, hygiene, fact checking, contracts, letters, messages, rationality, planning, and to do lists
* An expansion of all things Virgoan, as Jupiter enters Virgo: purity, detail work, study or skill development, service, hygiene, purity, thoroughness, mundane tasks, drudgery, obsessiveness or worry, and down to earth daily chores and living
* An intensification of all things Martian as Mars leaves his fall and enters Leo: willfulness, pride, arrogance, ego, assertiveness, good will, faith, trust, generosity, sharing, conquering, dominating, showing off, competition, and authority
In terms of today's Moon aspects, watch for the following:
* A generally positive feeling in the air, but also conflicts between styles or approaches to happiness, pleasure, or enjoyment may come up with the Moon squaring Venus retrograde later in the day
* An aura of difficulty, oppression, heaviness, sadness, limitations, setbacks, and control battles...one person says "this is real," the other says, "this is dramatic, let's just relax." (Moon in Taurus opposite Saturn in Scorpio, this evening)
* Sexual restrictiveness, seriousness, or sobriety (Venus retrograde square Saturn in Scorpio) contrasted with sexual experimentation, fun, and enjoyment
* The withholding of truth, affection, sweetness, or love (Venus/Jupiter/Mercury square Saturn)
* Seriously disturbed, outdated or dying displays of grandeur, ego, or pride (Jupiter/Square Saturn)
As both Jupiter and Mercury approach fixed star Regulus, the heart of the lion, the image of the high priest, sage, professor, or public speaker comes to mind. Given the square to Saturn in Scorpio from these planets, we are also looking at the death, darkness, or difficulty of these same images. For example, the popular but also disturbing quality of last night's republican presidential nominee debates....which featured the Mercury/Jupiter/Regulus combination of powerful speakers and speaking but also the dark, contractive, outdated, dying, and disturbing Saturn in Scorpio qualities.
The ability to speak, teach, proclaim, argue, administer, or demonstrate a powerful point of view is strong in the sky right now....but so too is the influence of Saturn in Scorpio. We should therefore be careful that our words, thoughts, and boldest actions are tempered by the awareness of Saturn in our midst, or what we say right now may come back to bite us later.
Prayer: May we hear, see, speak, and know the truth of sages...help us discriminate between noise and signal