Jupiter is still at the heart of the Sun today. Meanwhile, Venus is moving back into an opposition with Uranus for the last time.
Here is what to watch for:
* Jupiter at the heart of the Sun brings a warm, expansive lift to the heroic energy of the Sun, reminding us that we are each called to something higher.
* Jupiter and the Sun give us big eyes and confidence. But remember the saying..."Don't go to the grocery store on an empty stomach."
* Jupiter and the Sun fix our sight on a new goal and surprise us with new pathways forward.
* Jupiter and the Sun expand our sphere of influence, increase our knowledge and wisdom, but may also puff us up with pride and grandiosity.
* Meanwhile, Venus is moving back into an opposition with Uranus, which will perfect on November 30th.
* One last time we have an intense, Mars-themed element of disruption hitting Venus ruled things: relationships, places of peace or worship, theaters and the arts, women and sexuality, etc.
* On the other hand, we could very well see themes of innovation and originality, and experimentation related to Venus topics, as well as the need for greater independence or freedom. Let's not forget that during this transit we also saw a wave of women elected to public office.
* Meanwhile, today the Moon in Cancer opposes Pluto in Capricorn and then moves into a t-square with Venus and Uranus, which will start to activate the dynamic in preparation for their opposition.
* Watch today for themes of emotional purgation, depth, and intensity, as well as themes of nature vs. nurture, the need to belong vs. the feeling of being an outcast, family karma, issues related to women, mothers, and women's health, etc.
In Kickstarter news, we are now just 16 backers shy of the 100 backer mark. Last year we rallied the support of 368 of you, so we still have a long way to go, but we're doing a good job so far! Remember that my upcoming online courses begin this week and next, and tuition is discounted when you donate. I also offer a variety of "year-ahead" readings that can be given as gifts! If you appreciate my work and get something good from it, then help support this work in 2019!!
Prayer: Give us more than what we ask for. Give us the excitement to give back to you wholeheartedly whatever we receive.
Jupiter is being "reborn" today, as the Sun finally conjoins with Jupiter in early Sagittarius. Meanwhile, Mercury in Sagittarius is retrograding right into Jupiter and the Sun.
Here is what to watch for:
* The 52nd hexagram of the I Ching is called "The Mountain," and it is a picture of keeping still, of meditation, silence, passivity, or quiet strength and observation.
* However, the second line, when changing, reads, "Keeping his calves still, he cannot rescue the one he follows. His heart is not glad."
* In the description of this line, a number of commentators mention the idea of a master/servant or student/teacher dynamic that has turned sour.
* The student or servant recognizes that he can no longer follow a master or teacher due to some fault of character, and so he stops following him, but because the master is more powerful, the master's fate cannot be changed by the servant. The servant may stop, but the master cannot be convinced to stop or change his ways.
* Similarly, the second line depicts the way in which if one is running in forward motion and then realizes one shouldn't be running, even if the legs suddenly stop, the forward momentum will be too strong and will cause one to fall.
* Try it! Try running really fast in one direction. Then try stopping your legs fully and immediately. You'll topple forward and fall.
* The legs are the servant, trying to stop the master in this image.
* When the second line changes it leads to hexagram 18, called "Repairing the Damage."
* That's easy enough to understand. If we fall down, or if something we are in service to falls down, then the next logical step is to begin repairing whatever damage has been done.
* This is a "pride comes before a fall" kind of transit.
* We have to be careful that we are serving the right master, whether that is something within us, or some literal person or teacher or teaching or "path." With Mercury simultaneously retrograde and backing right into Jupiter and the Sun, it's a good time to get clear about who or what we should be following and who or what we shouldn't.
* However, even if we have the wherewithal to withdraw or stop something in its tracks before it's too late, the deal may be done or there may be unavoidable consequences anyway. In which case, we should gladly accept the work of "repairing the damage," and feel nothing but gratitude because we know, "had I done nothing at all, it could have been worse."
* The student/teacher or master/servant dynamic may also be understood in terms of the ego/soul relationship. To the extent that our ego is the puffed up master, the ego could be ready for a bit of a fall right now, if we aren't careful.
* When the ego falls, the good news is that there is always an opportunity to realign ourselves with our higher self, or the soul, who the ego is actually always in service to.
* At the same time, this hexagram sequence in relation to today's astrological transits reminds us to be good teachers, good leaders, or good "kings and queens." We should remember that we are all servants, no matter what our status or position, and that our truest joy comes when we find a way to use our gifts and abilities in service to the divine, craving no great fame or acclaim for ourselves but always being excited to give more of whatever we are in possession of for the sake of lifting others up and spreading the love of God through the world.
On this note, I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve all of you with astrology day in and day out, year round, for so many years. As you know, the last 40 days of the year I fundraise and go into a period of concentrated prayer for the year ahead. During this time I ask that all my readers donate to support my work if they can, and I pray that God would purify my heart, cleanse my intentions, and focus my work in service to others for another year to come.
Thank you! I can't do this work without you!
Prayer: Catch us when we fall, humble us with good humor, and call us back to the enthusiasm and joy of being your servants.
Mercury in Sagittarius and Pluto in Capricorn are forming an antiscion right now, suggesting a hidden or perhaps subtle connection between the two planets.
Here's what to watch for:
* Given that Mercury is also debilitated, retrograde, and moving into a square with Mars, conversations can quickly escalate or become more heated than we expect.
* Our motives are seen and understood, they become visible.
* Powerful, revealing, deep conversations.
* Information comes to the surface, revealing that things were/are not as they seemed.
* The gift of a profound insight, the cleansing or removal of misperceptions, a change of heart or change of mind.
* Passionate ideas, the importance of our beliefs, and also the way that passionate beliefs and ideas become coercive, overpowering, and possessive.
* When people become zealous...the way it suddenly helps others to become sober and centered.
* Ideas that transform.
* Gossip, mining for information, moles, secretive power moves and competition.
* Plans that undermine.
* The truth comes out, at last, and begins a process of healing.
* Sharing your heart, becoming vulnerable, with someone who is actually an enemy or someone who will take advantage of your open/honest sharing for their own selfish interest.
* When the attempt to empower or encourage someone devolves into being used.
* When a mutually beneficial agreement actually involves multiple people hoping to gain selfishly from one another.
* Placing trust in an unworthy ally.
* A powerful insight that leads to a new approach, technique, organizational strategy, innovation, or different use of technology.
* Being empowered to speak, watching someone having to let go of their power.
* The death of ideas, the attempt to build the ego through the power of the intellect, and what happens when the mind starts falling apart.
* Powerful themes of intellectual rebirth. The powerful desire to study or learn something new.
So, as you can see, the Mercury/Pluto themes are going to be strong through this Gemini Full Moon! The best antidote to mental overwhelm is a good dose of quiet time, and a big, warm cup of gratitude shared with those you love!
Meanwhile, if you enjoy my daily horoscopes, then please consider donating to support my daily writing and videos in 2019. Today's goal is to raise the support of 10 more backers! You can choose a gift reading or discounted tuition to one of my programs when you donate. Find the link here!
Prayer: Cool our fiery minds and warm our cold hearts. Help us to find real gratitude, in real life, for the real gift of your undying love.
The Sun is moving into Sagittarius just as the Full Moon in Gemini is coming through.
Here's what to watch for:
* Remember that there is a powerful duality inherent in the sign of Sagittarius.
* Sagittarius season represents the most intense descent of the light in the solar year, but at the end of the sign, when we reach the winter solstice, the light begins to return.
* Similarly, there is a potential for voidism, nihilism, existential despair, and prodigality built into the fiery, Autumnal sign of Jupiter. Like the rowdy, war-mongering Centaurs of Greek myth, Sagittarius has a wild-child, ride or die, eat drink and be merry mentality that is often overlooked in favor of words like, "wisdom, travel, hope, and free-spiritedness."
* Don't forget that Zeus could be an angry, temperamental, thunder-bolt throwing, playboy, as well as the cosmic orchestra conductor, and King of the Gods.
* On the other hand, like Scrooge in the Christmas Carol, the redemptive side of Sagittarius is represented by the desire to turn over a new leaf, to look forward to a brighter future and to rise from the darkness with renewed faith and excitement.
* Centaurs were also the keepers of wisdom, knowledge of medicine, war, AND astrology! Even C.S. Lewis wrote them into the Narnia chronicles as both fierce, rowdy, unpredictable warriors and also astrologers.
* So, yes, Jupiter is the holiday spirit, by Jove! But Sagittarius is also intimately related to the darkest time of year, and the wildness of our animal instincts. Hence, the Centaur, a dual-natured created...part rational and refined, part unharnessed and wild.
* Meanwhile, this week's Full Moon (late Thursday night into Friday), is in Gemini, the home of Mercury.
* It should be a "Hermes" kind of full Moon: social and mental energy, nervous stimulation, conversation, perceptions, ideas, technology, learning, shifting, playfulness, etc.
* However, this Full Moon in Gemini is hosted by Mercury in its detriment in Sagittarius, square Mars in Pisces, while the Sun and Jupiter are getting together.
* Which means?! Jupiter is very dominant right now, and also excessively fiery, authoritarian, strong-willed, or "big."
* Plus, Mars, god of War, in Jupiter's sign, is also stirring the pot.
* Be careful of that conversation or debate that escalates too quickly. Be careful of contentiousness in speech and communication. Be careful of self-righteous grandiosity.
* But, on the other hand, don't be surprised if passionate ideas are being discussed or if you feel the need to say or communicate something more forcefully than usual.
* You may find that you are open to new ideas or that a change of mind and a change of heart are happening at once.
* Don't be surprised if there is an emotionally zealous quality in the air right now, unchecked by reason.
* Let yourself be stirred to life, dropping unnecessary doubts and worries, finding the beat of life and the irrational confidence of spirit.
* See the forest from the trees and remember that your journey is much longer than the horizon of this lifetime, what to speak of whatever temporary passions might be rising at this time. Watch and listen, and try to say less...see what there is to see when making oneself smaller and more curious when the hot air starts blowing around you.
Prayer: Encourage us, and give us passionate minds tempered by the impulse to listen first.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.