* Remember that planets within three degrees of perfecting their aspect are engaging. Then the two planets perfect the aspect. Then the planets separate.
* The separation of the planets within three more degrees is often like the fruits of the transit falling of the tree.
* We are moving through a dark Moon period, but the New Moon comes through tomorrow. Look for the confrontational and cathartic energy of Mars/Pluto to intensify in the next few days as the new Moon cycle gets underway.
* Remember, the conflict and catharsis of Mars/Pluto is carrying over this month all the way until the Full Moon, as Mars goes from Pluto to a conjunction with Uranus. This catharsis is going to activate an upcoming moment of breakthrough, of radical assertiveness, of forceful departures from the norm, of personal power, defiance, and awakening.
* Meanwhile, Venus is about to enter Capricorn and begin a long and steady transit of Saturn, Pluto, and Uranus over the course of the next month.
* Venus in Capricorn brings maturity and grace, sobriety and eloquence, sturdy craftsmanship and dutiful love.
* Venus in Capricorn reminds us that love and separation go hand in hand. Real love requires real aloneness, and real aloneness requires the ache of real connection. The deepest fruits of solitude are found in the arms of a lover, and the deepest love is often found in distant or remote contemplation of the object of our love. So much is illusory. What lasts? Venus in Capricorn adores those things that endure and ring out with the mark of the lonely creator.
* Of course, there are those who confuse power for peace. What I can take, or what I have, gives me a temporary sense of beauty, love, or serenity. But Venus in Capricorn knows better. She knows well the halls of time and the granite glory of death, which she recognizes as the true adornment of all time-bound things.
* We are made beautiful not so much by what we have but by the poetry of how we lose what we have. Aging well and dying well, these are the inner experiences of Venus in Capricorn. She appreciates the past not for what it accomplished but for how it is constantly captured in wintry perfection, "it couldn't have been any other way."
* Venus in Capricorn sometimes confuses reputation with beauty and lineage or legacy for substance. To return to herself, she needs to hold the loose stones of a forgotten pathway. Hold them in her palms and remember the legacy and lineage of a circle without beginning or end, the smoothing of all things, even legacies.
* Venus in Capricorn reminds us that the work of creation is a demonstration of perfect mastery. It has never fallen short of perfection, but we do not have the capacity to fully appreciate it, or we neglect to appreciate it. We can develop the ability to appreciate the beauty of creation, we can grow our appreciating capacity, to the extent that we let go of the idea that we are the most masterful creators. As our appreciating capacity grows, creation glows within us, and we become the appreciating instruments of its handiwork.
Prayer: Increase our appreciation, and telescope the eyes of our heart, so that we may learn to see you farther out as you bring us further in.