Here's what to watch for, but first, an "astrology story."
Yesterday, as Mars made a trine with Uranus and just after Jupiter had turned retrograde in Scorpio I finally "decided" to call an electrician to come to our house to fix a broken outlet. He found the problem within another nearby outlet, right next to our garbage disposal switch, and fixed it very easily. However, hours after he left, the garbage disposal blades fell out of place and started chunking around at high speed inside the sink. In fact, the blades first fell out and stopped working months ago, and we had them "fixed," but now as Jupiter has turned retrograde in Scorpio the disposal is broken again (Scorpio is a water sign related to the organs of evacuation!). The funny thing is that I sat there watching the electrician fix the outlets thinking, "BAM. Cross that off the old adult homeowner list. One more thing I've fixed, taken care of, don't have to worry about, etc." But life has a way of continuing to break down and require maintenance beyond our control...and so very quickly and unexpectedly the broken disposal blades (Mars in Jupiter's sign while Jupiter is in Mars' sign) ironically chopped up, drained, and "disposed" of my pride. Isn't astrology cool?! :) And instructive if we manage to pay close attention!
Okay, so here's what to watch for with Venus square Saturn and the Sun trine Jupiter:
* Struggling between principles and beauty...shouldn't they go together? If something is true and good, isn't it okay for it to be beautiful and attractive to our senses as well? How do the two go together?
* Elder women, grandmothers, the heroes of feminism
* Learning to control or work constructively with sexual energy, desire, attraction, etc.
* Leaving someone, abandoning or feeling abandoned
* Isolation, loneliness, independence
* Something dirty or broken that needs fixing or beautifying
* Restraint of affection or withholding something
* Simpler, more economical, frugal
* Taming something with patience but finding reciprocation or being surprised by intimacy in the process...what starts with the desire to get something under "control" leads to tenderness
* People in authority or power and their representatives, ambassadors, or messengers helping them
* A dawning sense of understanding, confirmation, support, and encouragement
* The feeling of a new beginning, or an expanded sense of awareness, insight, or vision
* Forgiveness, compassion, and the feeling of starting over or coming home again
* A ray of sunshine comes to help, a messenger of the Sun
* Happiness and wisdom combined
* A gentle holding back, revising or rethinking
* An expanded or enlarged ego, pride, or vanity...sentimentalism, or grand notions rooted in self interest
With the Sun and Jupiter coming into a trine just as Venus and Saturn are square to one another, we are being offered an opportunity to heal or mend what has been broken, through faith, kindness, and understanding rather than control, harshness, severity, or competition. Have you ever gotten to a place in the midst of a conflict with someone, or something, maybe something within yourself, where you suddenly see past the conflict? In some rare moment, a smile without reason appears. It's as though the clouds break, a warm breeze sets in, and suddenly you remember something unspeakably benevolent? Most of our problems cannot be solved by logic, reason, control, or negotiation so long as the desired outcomes are rooted in opposing egos or wills. Whatever temporary solutions we arrive at from this place will be colored by a level of repressed conflict that is sure to arise later. Whereas, when we approach our conflicts from the heart...when we locate that place of hidden majesty first...then our logic and our planning and negotiating, our contrary wills and all the opposing forces, cohere in service to something that exists before and after the conflict.
Prayer: Help us to develop the good habit of looking for you before we begin trying to solve our problems and again after we think we have solved them. Bless us with your peace, and give us minds filled with the subjects of your love.